Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Help and Support => Resolved Help & Support => Topic started by: Fyre on April 27, 2007, 06:38:04 PM

Title: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: Fyre on April 27, 2007, 06:38:04 PM
Basically, I lag like crazy. Not losing packets or anything, so I'm certain it's my video card. It also takes about 3 seconds to tab into/out of DP. New drivers are installed, all that good stuff. I honestly have no idea why the hardware lag is this bad. It lags and actually looks like I'm holding the +strafe key and moving. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: JOE on April 27, 2007, 06:56:40 PM
dont buy ati cards?
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: TinMan on April 27, 2007, 07:23:50 PM
LOL @ JOE

This is what one of my friends runs who seems to have his newer ATI card working good with kinda intense games like CS:S and F.E.A.R.
Quote
(06:33:06 PM) CaBo0sE: 7.2 display drivers ONLY
(06:33:19 PM) CaBo0sE: then i use Ati Tray Tools to change any settings
(06:33:34 PM) CaBo0sE: i dont use CCC or the Control panel from ATI
(06:33:44 PM) CaBo0sE: they suck...until AMD fixes them...

Just because it isn't packet loss doesn't mean that it's video card, it could be other things on your PC, make sure nothing is hogging your CPU.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: KnacK on April 27, 2007, 07:27:41 PM
XP or Vista?
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: SkateR on April 27, 2007, 07:33:08 PM
This is my old video card, it worked fine on my system which is worse than fyres. It's a brand new card. I think it may be the drivers. Don't know though.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: JiGSaW on April 27, 2007, 08:01:04 PM
Drivers.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: Fyre on April 27, 2007, 10:27:14 PM
XP. It's the newest drivers, and I know it's the video card, because I never had this problem with my Intel Onboard Graphics Controller.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: digi on April 28, 2007, 02:58:22 AM
This is my old video card, it worked fine on my system which is worse than fyres. It's a brand new card. I think it may be the drivers. Don't know though.

lol.. if it worked fine you wouldn't of sold it a week after you bought it
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: SkateR on April 28, 2007, 10:54:06 AM
It didn't do anything for my comp because I didn't meet the minimum requirements.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: JiGSaW on April 28, 2007, 12:19:44 PM
Fyre, are you plugging your monitor into your video card..and not your poor onboard video?


Just asking to make sure.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: Fyre on April 28, 2007, 01:48:47 PM
Yes I am lol. The onboard card is already disabled.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: digi on April 28, 2007, 04:19:22 PM
It didn't do anything for my comp because I didn't meet the minimum requirements.

didn't do anything?
you said it made it worse. lmao


Robbed fyre. Robbed.
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: Fyre on April 28, 2007, 11:49:32 PM
=[
Title: Re: Radeon X1300 Hardware Lag
Post by: SkateR on April 28, 2007, 11:51:56 PM
It didn't make it worse. It was basically the same. I could just run games on higher settings, but even on low settings fps didnt change.