Digital Paint Discussion Board

Digital Paint Community => Other Stuff => Topic started by: y00tz on May 04, 2007, 08:30:33 AM

Title: NET_Getpacket: WSAECONNRESET
Post by: y00tz on May 04, 2007, 08:30:33 AM
When I go to connect to Syncmaster's Cable, a server I often play, I get this message in the console:

Connecting to (Sync's IP)
NET_Getpacket: WSAECONNRESET from (Sync's IP)

Then it does that over and over, any idea what might be up? I searched the forum and it seemed this message was consistent with being banned.

Cheers,
y00z

EDIT: I got what I need to know, so I'm locking this topoc, a moderator or admin can delete if it they'd like,
thanks.
Title: Re: NET_Getpacket: WSAECONNRESET
Post by: b00nlander on May 04, 2007, 08:33:07 AM
I think that simply means you cannot connect to the specified IP + port.
Reasons for that could be that you're banned or - which is quite likely in the case of a cable server - the server has been shut down (temporarily) or the internet connection has been cut (temporarily).
Title: Re: NET_Getpacket: WSAECONNRESET
Post by: y00tz on May 04, 2007, 08:41:44 AM
People are playing, (13/16 atm) which leads me to believe, I am banned? I can connect to every server just fine.
Title: Re: NET_Getpacket: WSAECONNRESET
Post by: b00nlander on May 04, 2007, 08:46:30 AM
I am afraid you are, then.  Talked to the admin yet?
Or just play elsewhere :)
Title: Re: NET_Getpacket: WSAECONNRESET
Post by: Spook on May 04, 2007, 04:27:19 PM
Syncmaster barely ever plays, and i can't see y00tz get banned from it. Just give it some time, it may or may not get fixed.
Title: Re: NET_Getpacket: WSAECONNRESET
Post by: y00tz on May 04, 2007, 04:28:32 PM
Ty Spook & b00nlander