Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Server Discussion => Topic started by: Sharp on May 09, 2007, 11:41:29 AM
-
I dont know if anybody else has noticed, but the OTB speed server holds about 30+ players, Which resutls in other servers being pretty much empty and as a result you are forced to join the speed server.
My Request is simple, and for the OTB members. Reduce the amount of people the server holds to 16 - 20, which is more than enough for this game. That way people can have decent games on normal setting servers.
-
they don't have to do a darn thing, but i guess they could save money by cutting down on slots, but yet again its THEIR server...
-
What part of "Request" do you find difficult to comprehend?
-
OTB Speed is not the only one that hold 32 people. All the OTBs do along with the Grafs and possibly even the EV1-Alt Servers. so I don't know what the intercourse you are complaining about.
-
No need to be offensive KiLo. Sharp got his right to request that. I feel the same way he does. As i open my server browser for joining a game, i always end up joining otb speed because there's no other server that has a decent map with a couple people on. Anyways, let's wait for the response of the otb-admins.
-
I really didn't mean to be offensive I was just trying to be objective. As for not seeing any good maps, you should check out the Graffitti Servers because there always seems to be a decent map on there to me.
-
I don't know, what's the problem. Nobody have to join the server, but if they do, they are contentedly with settings and what else. I often see also one or more OTB pub server with 10+ player. I have to know it, because playing on the speed server isn't possible for me :'(
-
With a limit of 20 users p.e. there could be one more pub filled with people and there would be one more chance to play on a decent map.
-
Uh you dont understand, When you have a speed server that holds 30 people then that means the other euro servers with normal settings are left empty. If the OTB server was to hold less people then you would have a even distribution of people on the other OTB normal servers. I wouldnt be making this request if this game had more players. Atm its only like 40 odd players playing this game at any given time, 30 of which join willingly or unwillingly to that speed server since there isnt any other availible. Silly Americans always seem to be on their periods, Maricons.
-
hehe, he's not having a go at OTB servers some of you ahem(Kilo, knoc) need to read before you post.
When you look at the server list there are usually 25+ people on an otb speed speed server, and barely anyone else on other servers. Which means if we want to play pub we have to play speed (which most of us would prefer not to do).
Its a funny request to request you lower the max players in your server, but i kinda like it :P
-
Thats basically what i ment in a nutshell.
-
One of the major differences between the speed server and servers with normal elimination times is that when there's 30 people on the server, there's 30 people running around on the map all the time. Even with half the players as on a normal server, it still feels a lot more crowded. The numbers never thin out because respawns are instant.
-
You really want all the noobs to come out of this nice black hole? :o
I'd just join a server with a decent map and wait until other players are coming along. Usually it doesn't take a long time.
-
I suppose that's a valid point. Are the OTB servers down? We were having a nice, peaceful game on a standard elimination time server and somebody came in and kept demanding that the respawn time be set to 5 seconds.
-
Are the OTB servers down?
I was wondering the same thing. I seen that when I was playing around 11:30 PM EST yesterday. If the servers are running build 18 could that have something to do with it.
-
We were having a nice, peaceful game on a standard elimination time server and somebody came in and kept demanding that the respawn time be set to 5 seconds.
Jitspoe do you play the game?
-
Jitspoe do you play the game?
Like once a year. ;D
-
i've been around for alittle over a year, and i've seen him play maybe 5 or 6 times. Everytime it gets easier too ;P
-
These days otb standard servers are MOSTLY empty, not always but MOSTLY. And largly due to the speed server.
-
These days otb standard servers are MOSTLY empty, not always but MOSTLY. And largly due to the speed server.
I'm not sure when you play because I see 10+ people on the regular OTB Servers a lot of the time. And the same goes for the Graffitti Servers.
-
im sure OTB will say "not our fault our servers popular"
-
Well its their own other servers which are losing out too.