Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Mapping => Topic started by: K0rn Muph1n on May 30, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Title: X-Ball Arena, Anyone interested?
Post by: K0rn Muph1n on May 30, 2007, 09:42:29 PM
Okay, so one thing I love about Pballing is a Xball-arena, speed-balling. For me, thats a great rush. So I was thinking, I have never seen any DP maps that have an Xball(Or similar) styled field. So my question is, would any of you be interested? If yes, then there's only 1 thing I need help with, getting the inflatable air bunkers and such models.

Please let me know whatcha think.
 K0rn
Title: Re: X-Ball Arena, Anyone interested?
Post by: Smokey on May 30, 2007, 10:19:31 PM
Okay, so one thing I love about Pballing is a Xball-arena, speed-balling. For me, thats a great rush. So I was thinking, I have never seen any DP maps that have an Xball(Or similar) styled field. So my question is, would any of you be interested? If yes, then there's only 1 thing I need help with, getting the inflatable air bunkers and such models.

Please let me know whatcha think.
 K0rn
there are plenty. to many actually.
Title: Re: X-Ball Arena, Anyone interested?
Post by: Nitroboy on May 31, 2007, 12:17:36 AM
Speedball is too quick for dpball, but I know in real life it is a blast. Though the only tactic that would actually work in a speedball map would be spray and prey. The field would have to be bigger than a regular xball Field due to the fact that all you have to do is strafe jump to the flag and back. Idk, the is just my opinion. It has already been done before, check out the map supair.
Title: Re: X-Ball Arena, Anyone interested?
Post by: K0rn Muph1n on May 31, 2007, 02:52:04 PM
Thanks for pointing me to Supair, I love that style of map, and thanks for the advice :D
Title: Re: X-Ball Arena, Anyone interested?
Post by: Apocalypse on May 31, 2007, 04:59:53 PM
It might work kind of well but that is just a maybe but then again spraying is part of the game oh well still a maybe.
Title: Re: X-Ball Arena, Anyone interested?
Post by: Eiii on May 31, 2007, 06:23:01 PM
I built one a long time ago that was modeled specifically after a real-life speedball tournament arena...
I'm not sure where it's gone to. Jits might have a copy, still.
Title: Re: X-Ball Arena, Anyone interested?
Post by: jitspoe on May 31, 2007, 08:38:02 PM
Did you ever get that thing to compile right?  I recall it having issues.
Title: Re: X-Ball Arena, Anyone interested?
Post by: Eiii on May 31, 2007, 08:57:43 PM
I really screwed up the spawning system at first, but I think it got all worked out in the end. Removing the huge ugly spawn-tower things caused problems.