Digital Paint Discussion Board

Digital Paint Community => Other Stuff => Topic started by: jitspoe on February 16, 2005, 01:01:43 AM

Title: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: jitspoe on February 16, 2005, 01:01:43 AM
Hopefully one of them will have the right feel to it!

Logitech Ultra X Keyboard PS2 104keys --OEM (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=23-126-135&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE)
LITE-ON SK-1789/BS Standard Black/Silver Keyboard PS/2 -RETAIL (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=23-107-123&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE)
LITEON SK-6200H Ergonomic Keyboard PS/2 105 keys -RETAIL (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=23-107-126&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE)
Liteon Black Natural Keyboard USB, Model SK-1688U/B, Retail (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=23-107-128&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE)

I'll update you guys later on which one I like the best.
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: loial21 on February 16, 2005, 02:37:27 AM
please my num pad is void and my directional keys are shot , i am shopping fo that and a mouse and headset or mic
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: Eiii on February 16, 2005, 09:29:27 AM
Try pressing "NumLock"

And how would you play with your hands split in half like that? ugh.
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: loial21 on February 16, 2005, 06:49:49 PM
split in half?

i play with directionals and mouse?

1 .crouch = num pad 0
2. empty air = '
3. drop gun = enter
4. toss gren = shift
5. drop barre = \
5. say LGMedu101 = L
6. Fire = mouse1
6. Jump = mouse2
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: Eiii on February 16, 2005, 08:11:48 PM
That last one was directed at jits. One of the keyboards is..."split" across the left-right hand line.
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: DAM1EN on February 16, 2005, 08:20:36 PM
Crazy buttons i dun c how sum ppl play with those wierd configurations. Like Dew's. Scary!
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: jitspoe on February 16, 2005, 11:10:04 PM
Eh, you only use one side of the keyboard and the mouse... unless you have some extra hand somewhere. :)

I have a pretty odd configuration: A=moveleft, S=forward, D=moveright, F=jump, C=back, W/V=crouch (one toggles).  WASD is too cramped for me.
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: loial21 on February 17, 2005, 01:00:13 AM
Between both hands I have an extra digit !!!!

ei ei owned

thanks

dont forget about your review
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: DAMIEN on February 17, 2005, 01:28:55 AM
imy config is perfect for me. i guess it just wut uve learned to play with. my config would be very foreign to others as their's r to me.

a=move left, s=move back, d=move right, w=move forward, space bar= jump, e= empty co2, varies other buttons around my basic moving buttons= change the way the game looks and works, mouse1= fire, mouse2=throw gren, mouse wheel=change hands, ctrl= crouch

wow i really have no life so i have the time to type things like that  :P
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: jitspoe on February 17, 2005, 02:23:09 AM
Isn't that the default config? :)
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: Eiii on February 17, 2005, 09:17:59 AM
No, rightclick is jump, and shift is throw gren
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: loial21 on February 17, 2005, 07:06:07 PM
haha  ei ei o pwned
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: DAMIEN on February 17, 2005, 07:16:49 PM
for the most prt yea i guess i just wanted to fell special and post it anyways... the only things i really modified where the surrounding keys
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: jitspoe on February 22, 2005, 04:38:20 PM
This logitech is awesome.  So slim.  So responsive.  The buttons are so thin (like a laptop), so you don't have to press them very far to get them to register.  I haven't had a chance to try out the others yet, but... this one's awesome. :)  Though I usually hate media keys, these are uber-tiny and work without any additional software, which is pretty slick.  Probably won't use them though. :)  My only complaint is that it's so flat.  I'm used to having my keyboard up at more of an angle (I always drop the legs down).  The legs on this one only lift it up like 1/4 inch from horizontal, heh.   But, man, it's so slim... Matches my monitor and mouse nicely, too.

I think I'll bring the split one to work.  As for the other two... backups, I guess.  I could hook one up to my laptop, maybe, and one on my second computer so I don't have to use the KVM to switch to it all the time.  Can't wait to try this out gaming, so you might actually see my playing tonight.  And I'll most certainly be playing tomorrow night (http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=715.0).
Title: _
Post by: IronFist on February 23, 2005, 09:49:59 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: I just ordered 4 keyboards...
Post by: jitspoe on February 24, 2005, 01:46:48 AM
Yeah, I can afford those $6 keybords now, woohoo! ;)