Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Help and Support => Topic started by: Clockwork on August 11, 2007, 08:56:44 AM

Title: ZGH help?
Post by: Clockwork on August 11, 2007, 08:56:44 AM
Ok some friends got on my computer and installed zgh while I was in the shower right, so Im not happy, and I tried to delete it, but I couldnt only find seta's in my config, so I asked my friend to see if it was still there, and it is? How do I delete, cause I really dont wanna get banned.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: KnacK on August 11, 2007, 09:20:31 AM
Did they play on a server with it installed?

If so, it's probably too late as Jit will check the cheat logs and set bans later this morning.

BTW - shower huh? Not mowing the lawn?

Put your flame suit on...
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Cobo on August 11, 2007, 10:12:55 AM
Delete the whole DP folder and do a clean install.
Maybe backup your maps tho.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Zorchenhimer on August 11, 2007, 12:27:37 PM
There was a breakout of ZGH in my school last semester, lemmie see if I can find the zip I made to get rid of ZGH.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: magalhaes on August 11, 2007, 05:36:01 PM
Ok some friends got on my computer and installed zgh while I was in the shower right
:)
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Eiii on August 11, 2007, 05:51:56 PM
Maybe don't let your friends on your computer?
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Magical-Tree on August 11, 2007, 08:43:21 PM
Haha, They don't sound like very good friends.



~MT
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: KnacK on August 11, 2007, 09:27:41 PM
Haha, They don't sound like very good friends.

They should at least mow your lawn....
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Cobo on August 11, 2007, 09:34:50 PM
Or better yet, tell them to mow their lawns while you install hacks on their computers.

Its the perfect plan since no one will believe them!
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: bleach on August 12, 2007, 01:41:10 AM
i agree with cobo 8)
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Clockwork on August 12, 2007, 05:15:51 AM
Yes I think they might have played, but im not entirely sure. Thanks for looking for that zip file zorch, eiii dont worry, they arent going anywhere near my computer anymore, and I like that plan cobo =D
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Moe_Lester on August 12, 2007, 10:54:51 AM
Knack and cobo, that strory of spyderfox cutting the grass is true. I would know beacuse they live right up the street from me. Though it sounds funny the facts are true.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: KnacK on August 12, 2007, 11:33:21 AM
Moe,

It's a classic, and now we have showering to add to it.

We really DO have a choice!!!
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Zorchenhimer on August 12, 2007, 02:11:05 PM
Ok, I found it. Had to go through a bunch of CDs from about 6 months ago. Anyway, I've updated the zip (it was for B16), so it will restore the game to build 19. Just unzip this file into your "/paintball" folder.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: KnacK on August 12, 2007, 02:26:01 PM
will this install a default config file as well Z?
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Zorchenhimer on August 12, 2007, 05:09:55 PM
Poop. Forgot about that. No.

I can't even remember what the settings where called. But you would just have to delete those from the config after you unzip everything.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: KnacK on August 12, 2007, 08:01:15 PM
OK,

I just wanted to make sure that those that had "hacks installed while they were away from the pc" knew exactly what was going to happen.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Apocalypse on August 12, 2007, 08:57:09 PM
When I saw this topic I thought someone was asking how to use ZGH lmao.
Moe,

It's a classic, and now we have showering to add to it.

We really DO have a choice!!!
What's it going to be next someone installed it while you were in the bathroom because they go real fast on the computer?
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Clockwork on August 13, 2007, 03:45:22 AM
Will the file delete maps, my key bindings and that stuff? I want to know what to backup
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Eiii on August 13, 2007, 06:08:42 AM
Back up your maps, HUDs, or whatever, but to be safe, delete everything else and reinstall. Such is the price of ZGH.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: DaRkNeSS on August 13, 2007, 02:53:09 PM
Almost as good as "I was mowing my lawn."
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: jitspoe on August 13, 2007, 04:23:39 PM
I haven't checked the cheat logs yet, but if you did get detected, I will probably have to ban you.  It's too easy for people to cheat then make up excuses which can't be verified.  Though perhaps a committee could help decide what to do in situations like these...

In the meantime, you should be able to completely get rid of it by deleting your config file then reinstalling the game over your current installation.  You'll have to re-bind your keys, but you'll keep all the custom maps you've downloaded.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Zorchenhimer on August 13, 2007, 11:04:13 PM
The zip I posted replaces the files that ZGH initially replaces: /paintball2.exe, /ref_pbgl.dll, and /pball/menus/setup.txt. The only thing you would have to worry about are the settings in your config file. They all started with the same thing (might have been "z_" but I'm not sure), and I think there where ~5 of them.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Clockwork on August 14, 2007, 03:04:32 AM
Yes, I understand that jitspoe, I was expecting it really, thanks zorch, once I get the time I will use that zip.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: KiLo on August 14, 2007, 10:07:32 AM
Yes, I understand that jitspoe, I was expecting it really

Wow that's impressive. Someone who is actually accepting of the ban whether they did or did not do it. He shouldn't be banned just for saying that he is willing to accept the ban. :)
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Clockwork on August 14, 2007, 07:19:46 PM
=D Thanks for that Kilo
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Eiii on August 14, 2007, 10:16:23 PM
But you still might get banned.
Title: Re: ZGH help?
Post by: Clockwork on August 14, 2007, 11:30:17 PM
Yes I know...