Author Topic: u TELL MEH  (Read 1281 times)

loial21

• Autococker
u TELL MEH
« on: August 15, 2005, 09:57:28 PM »
Testing Snowball.bsp

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: u TELL MEH
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 10:29:27 PM »
Does the map have spawn points?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 10:44:58 PM »
lol u tell meh ..........jk i will find out

one more for tonight . the only time I have seen this if the server is caught in a loop.  can this happen to ours?

In Summation, IRonFIst or Uni this is no implication of anything, just curious and familier.

Note ***
Ironfist why dont you not use a regular name so I and others that care to say hello?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 11:14:42 PM »
Well, the "overflowed" thing has been a problem since day 1.  Packets can only hold 1400 bytes, so if there's more data than that, people "overflow."  I tried to make a change so if people overflowed, it wouldn't actually kick them from the server, but instead just drop all the data.  I figured it was better to lose some text/sounds than be completely disconnected.  Problem is, most of the overflows appear to be caused by the game or computer crashing, so it's "zombie" clients that keep overflowing.  I've changed it back to the old way, now, where it just disconnects them if they overflow.  This will be in build 15.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 05:04:35 PM »
Packets can only hold 1400 bytes, so if there's more data than that, people "overflow."
What would happen if someone is oversizing packets? How would it effect game play?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 05:37:04 PM »
Only the server could oversize the packets that cause overflows.  I'm not sure what would happen if clients oversized the packets they sent to the server.  The server would probably just throw them out as bad packets.