Author Topic: WSL report  (Read 1858 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
WSL report
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:26:12 AM »

#team_int
#team_wsl

Joint website: http://z11.invisionfree.com/InT/index.php?act=idx

WSL--We Suck Less  was started as a sister clan to InT. It's goal is to allow for expansion and to be the second in a network of beginner clans that will give new players to the scrim scene a change to get experience.

So far the experiment is working!  As expected they are losing often. But that means they are also scrimming often, and that is great. They now have 12 members.

InT has played them a number of times already as have other clans out there.

Thank you for helping them to grow through scrimming.

After some time in which they can grow together and stabalize the group we will likely be internally spinning off a third clan for the network. This may take months, but it is our goal.

M7
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:24:45 PM by m7feettall »

lekky

• Autococker
Re: WSL report
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »
Great to here its going so well. (On a side note theres already a topic on this :D)

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 10:41:58 AM »
Great to here its going so well. (On a side note theres already a topic on this :D)

There was one for the launch. They may have a recruiting thread too. This is a report on progress :)

We like to keep folks informed.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WsL is the win. Relaxed matching attitude for the victory.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »
Yeah... bunch of great guys. We're starting to pull it all together. The great thing is the larger and more experienced clans help out a lot by accepting our scrim/match request. I would like to thank M7 for helping us get this going. Also a THANK YOU to Spook, Muff, and the rest of the stars team for having a great attitude while playing us. Please keep in mind that WsL will gladly help any team who wants to practice new maps by being your opposing team. We would be grateful for any teams who might give us some advice and who would be willing to work with us on strategy. Rising pros... Thank you also for all the matches in the mornings. We practically play them at leat once a day. Thanks for all the support from the community. And last but not least.... Thank you jits for the vent channel and all the help.
jay

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »
This has been mentioned before but there is a place to sign up to teach a single or repeating training session on the forums. If you are serious about doing this then put your time that you are available there and folks can sign up. We had some folks express interest before but no one put an actual time request in the forums.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/InT/index.php?showtopic=47&st=0#entry1436110

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 12:47:23 PM »
do you guys have your own server m7?

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 12:49:05 PM »
As in game server?

Nope.

We use the regular match servers.

We use a free website solution.

We use Jits' free vent.

In other words we are CHEAP!

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 02:59:39 PM »
just a heads up. I close on our house here in about a week and a half. After we get situated I plan on renting one from jits. I was thinking about doing it earlier but decided to hold off till we finished the move and got everything in order. We will have our own server eventually.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 04:52:37 PM »
* KnacK knows someone that would probably donate a server to a worthy cause.......

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 04:02:27 PM »
* KnacK knows someone that would probably donate a server to a worthy cause.......

ummm... did i tell you that i love you lately KnacKers?
Shhhsshhhh don't tell anyone!!