Author Topic: Problems with this game  (Read 2298 times)

Y2J

• VM-68
Problems with this game
« on: December 26, 2007, 12:33:09 AM »
So I've witness quite a few problems with this game over the last month, here is my take, and lets open some discussion.

1) Too many committee members
- This whole ban situation should have been resolved days ago, no matter the time, but it's next to impossible to reach so many people and have a debate.

- My suggestion, get 3 or 5 people, make them the jury, not a plethora or random followers.

2) Forum admins abusing their power
- This has been very evident over the past couple weeks, in deleting Edgecrusher and mine's opinions from topics, the banning of only me, when I was also personally attacked, etc.

3) People don't seem to realize that this is just a game, it isn't real life.
- Running a forum may be a great way for you to handle a napoleon complex, might be a great way for you to actually make friends, but at the end of the day, you don't need to go around banning people who's opinions differ from yours, who bring up valid points contrary to yours, or anything of that sort. Quite frankly, people can personally insult me all they want, and I wouldn't care. I do care though, when I am getting banned for doing what someone else initiated, by doing it to me.

Y2J

• VM-68
Re: Problems with this game
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 12:39:31 AM »
And in reply to the last thread that you locked, I'm not constantly instigating. Just because I have a different opinion than someone on a given matter, it is not instigating.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:48:39 AM »
1) Too many committee members
- This whole ban situation should have been resolved days ago, no matter the time, but it's next to impossible to reach so many people and have a debate.
It's Christmas. People aren't sitting in front of their computers 24/7, and the committee has to discuss things for a while until they come to a near-unanimous decision. It takes time, and I'd rather have a fair decision than a speedy one.

- This has been very evident over the past couple weeks, in deleting Edgecrusher and mine's opinions from topics, the banning of only me, when I was also personally attacked, etc.
Stop playing the victim. You've been really aggressive in this whole situation and have stepped over the line many times. If you can state your opinions in a reasonable way, they'll stay. If you persistently attack people, you ARE going to be banned. You'd have to be an idiot to do that and then complain about someone else who's done less than one-tenth of what you have not getting banned.

- Running a forum may be a great way for you to handle a napoleon complex, might be a great way for you to actually make friends, but at the end of the day, you don't need to go around banning people who's opinions differ from yours, who bring up valid points contrary to yours, or anything of that sort. Quite frankly, people can personally insult me all they want, and I wouldn't care. I do care though, when I am getting banned for doing what someone else initiated, by doing it to me.
Victim, victim, victim. Poor Y2J. We all need to step back and look at how we're all obsessing over such a meaningless subject. :(

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:50:27 AM »
One of the problems with this game has just been removed. Enjoy your vacation.

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 05:17:59 AM »

I think it's better when the committee choose one or two forum admins. If a admin abuse his power the committee have to deprive his power.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 06:46:02 AM »
And you're the old gran right Sonny?

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 07:19:21 AM »

And therefore the community and forum are not representative of real life. As I said before, you're not doing yourself any favours by constantly dragging this through the mire. As an impartial onlooker I've already seen your opinion 4 or 5 times in different threads, it's out there, people know about it, people have debated it and now is the time to let the people who count think and deliberate.

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 08:47:49 AM »
And you're the old gran right Sonny?

I like to have a opinion. And you?l

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 08:50:04 AM »
Jits, you know that ban was not justified and Y2J has a point... come on