Author Topic: Dang, I can't play -- help please  (Read 1940 times)

play3r1

• VM-68
Dang, I can't play -- help please
« on: December 24, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »
I've come back from last summer and hopefully none of you remember me. I had a lot of things I needed done and had to set dp aside and accomplish those things. Now that I'm on break for the holidays, I've come back.

I'm using an older computer that has just been upgraded to an XP. I installed DP (yes, the stand alone one) and it would start up for me. When I click on it, the screen goes black then it says something like "make sure that you have an OpenGL capable video card and that the latest drivers are installed". Then I must click OK to terminate the program (even though it is far from OK with me by my standands).

Is there something else I need to install. Is this computer too old or does it not have something it should have? Will I have to use the computer downstairs (the one I have been using before). I would like to play dp once again after such a long break (even though I plan to limit my hours of dp this time). If you could tell me how to fix this problem thanks.

Herron

• VM-68
Re: Dang, I can't play -- help please
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 03:26:30 PM »
either you don't have an opengl capable video card, or you need to install the latest video card drivers for the one you have... just like the message says.

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »
Ok, so how do I do that? Is there a site I can go to or something to install if? (for free possibly?)

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 03:32:41 PM »
Control Panel -> System -> Hardware (tab) -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters

what does it say is your display adapter when you click the + next to it?

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »
It says "Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)" if that helps you any. Keep in mind, this morning when I installed the XP upgrade, it wiped out all of the files programs and EVERYTHING on the computer, so it would have nothing.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 03:47:54 PM »
Hey thanks, if this works, I won't be able to thank you enough. Thanks, merry Christmas. I'll let you know if it works.

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 03:56:35 PM »
Hey it worked!!!! THanks. I really appreciate it.

Froz3narr0w

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 01:52:50 AM »
cool, thats the same as my topic!!!! im gonna try that link from Herron. thnx!

Froz3narr0w

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 02:00:25 AM »
An error stopped the download :'( :'( :'( :'(

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 10:47:22 PM »
An error stopped the download :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm sorry about that, if you don't already have XP, you should upgrade to that. I feel sorry for you, believe me, I know what it's like have a stupid computer and all theres "errors" stopping the downloads. Try uninstalling all the security devices and try it, all the security viruses do it negative. you have my sympathy