Poll

How Satisfied are you with the work of the committee?

Very, keep up the good work
Theyre doing fine
Id Rather Not Express My Opinion (so why vote)
Pretty Bad
Horrible, Get em Out!
We have a committee?

Author Topic: How satisfied are you with the Committee?  (Read 6901 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: How satisfied are you with the Committee?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 02:02:44 AM »
 Yeah...a rotation Committee.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 02:10:49 AM »
The thing that bugs me is that only Lekky and Knack speak in front of committee.

So naturally they are attacked more often.

And also, because of that it seems like they are running the committee (not saying it's the truth, it just looks like that from my aspect). Which leads to diferent problem - how active are the rest of them? They don't need to play the game, but they need to voice their opinion. On the committee matters.

If you don't want to do the job, resign. You were elected by the community to represent all players and their interests.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 03:50:28 AM »
I think they're doing fine.

It is not a perfect world and everyone is not always going to be happy. Leadership is all about learning and making decisions based on information.

Will everyone be pleased with the outcome? No way. But it's all about the better good and I think that all of the members are doing a fine job.
Yes, that is true.

PaRaDeaD

• Stingray
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 03:52:07 AM »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 03:58:55 AM »
Edge is correct in two ways.

1. Logic of the decisions and activity or lack of the elected, should always be public.

2. Also there should be term limits. In that there is a rotation. In that the more votes you get the longer you stay but, one day you have to go.

3.  I D K U tell me

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 05:58:27 AM »
The thing that bugs me is that only Lekky and Knack speak in front of committee.

I agree 100% with that statement.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 07:23:04 AM »
And yet those are the ones you most dislike? o.O

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 07:41:20 AM »
I agree 100% with that statement.

Please Flame don't quote only part of my reply, I was merely saying that they are in most casses the only one who speaks in front of committee, I don't mind that, I mind that no one else does. 2 out of 10 is really low number and one of them is global mod, so he must speak on those sort of issues.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 09:01:44 AM »
Some of you speak like the committee has all this power. The committee has no power. We have rules and guidelines we go by. We discuss each and every case. We investigate each and every accusation.

Each offense has limitations on what is allowed, as far as punishments go. Naturally, because this is all new, we are continually running across special cases that cross lines, or don't fit in any already made category. These cases have to be weeded out and a standard set for them.

The committee acts on facts as they are available. The committee does not, for the most part, act on opinion or emotion as far as I can tell. I have seen committee members vote for bans on their friends. This alone shows that each member is being impartial, and making choices solely on the facts of the case as set forth by the rules.

I don't know if this is legal for me to do, but when DT came up for multiple account vote I voted to ban based on the rules, Uni voted to warn because he thought it must have been a mistake. If either of us were bias don't you think Uni would have voted a large ban, and I a warn?

I commend every single person in the committee. The job is not glorious. The job is often difficult, especially when a friend comes up for vote. But I think every single individual, without exception, has done a fine job. I hope no committee member falls to the predictable public hatred and pressure that I knew would come.

Seriously, I was never a fan of the committee. I hated the fact of 10 people making the rules. But that's not what the committee is about. The committee is about investigating cases and upholding the, already in place, rules to relieve pressure off of Jitspoe. They are his rules, we just go by them on a case by case basis.

Lekky and Knack the only public voice:
The only way I would be willing to entertain public discussion of my choices are if Jitspoe made the committee forum read-only to the public. I think it would perfectly fine for the public to see how we handle things. Being that cases often contain personal data not wise to make public, this would probably never happen.

Committee Member Term:
Whatever choice is made on term should be made by Jitspoe without public pressure. You are not going to please everyone, and if a new vote were held the new committee would face the exact same issues as this committee. I understand you guys, "fight the power."

It is true that some committee members are more active than others. I personally don't think I am active enough, not in public forum, mind you, but in investigation and decision making. But, this is the end of a busy holiday season, so we'll see if the less active spring back into the game.

Committee is doing fine!

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 10:08:33 AM »
Totaly agreed S8NNSSON although I do believe as Edgecrusher said a few more committee members should be public voices such as Vic, Spook or Zorch (where has he been lately anyways?).
Edit: Just an idea but maybe the committee should use the innocent until proven guilty (or discuss first ban after) rule not guilty until proven innocent (or ban first discuss after)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
Committee is doing great. They havent fallen under the pressure. Although i do feel that committee needs a abit more independency and needs to have more saying in the contents of the game.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »
Duplicate thread, locked.