Author Topic: Continentals #1  (Read 11712 times)

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
Re: Continentals #1
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 03:55:53 AM »
Last time I checked there was 1 and that was Team ColdFusion.

Looking forward to get your first trophy Kilo?

7mau

• PGP
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 08:03:25 AM »
this tourney isn't well organized.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »
I think its unorganized because it was thought of months ago, and just being implemented now.  Also, there is only one team signed up, which leads to nothing.  I think a fresh start on this tournament might help, because most people don't really take it as a high priority right now as far as i can tell.  Maybe a new thread, like "Continentals Revamped!" Make it sound good, with a date, servers, and a list of teams, which would already start with one because of [cF].  Right now you have to go through a few pages to get the proper dates and teams and servers.  The timing was bad when it started, RE-Introduce it I say, and then let the chips fall.
-Cusoman

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 10:29:20 AM »
The reason more teams aren't signed up is because you can't register a team on this site. As it stands right now you have to PM Apocalypse and have him add your team.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »
Having some problems with players rtegistering there teams so just message me with your team name and tag and I'll do it for you.
Thats why thinking I might have to delay again until I can figure out how to fix it :(

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 07:27:24 AM »

Maybe a new thread, like "Continentals Revamped!" Make it sound good
That does not make a good tournament. Players make the tournament.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »
I am not saying that changing the name an starting over will make a good tournament, I am saying that in order to attract players to a tournanment they need to be notified of it, and right now I think this tournament appears as if it will never happen.
-Cusoman

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
Lol the reason it took so long is because I was trying to get servers from XBain but he's impossible to get in touch with :P

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 02:25:17 AM »
He's not the only one who has servers. You could have asked Knack, Jits and many more. Apoc, to make a tourney you must plan your schedule. That's why it's called organising the tourney.

You made critical errors which have lead to downfall. Drop it, it's not gonna happen. You could have come to the same conclusion when u saw that only 1 team signed up.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 07:31:16 PM »
He's not the only one who has servers. You could have asked Knack, Jits and many more. Apoc, to make a tourney you must plan your schedule. That's why it's called organising the tourney.

You made critical errors which have lead to downfall. Drop it, it's not gonna happen. You could have come to the same conclusion when u saw that only 1 team signed up.
Actually read the posts before you post edge.
Having some problems with players rtegistering there teams so just message me with your team name and tag and I'll do it for you.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 02:07:02 AM »
I have read them all. Son't take it personall. It's my view of situation. You have done some mistakes, and handed things badly which is seen from the point you couldn't make inet page to work.

Also, couple of individuals who have been organising tourneys for a while now told you it isn't so easy as you think. Did you even tried to make a plan and schedule of the tourney (this includes all preparation before, during and after)? Obviously you haven't because you would have a back up plan i.e. problems with getting a server, web page problems and so on...

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »
Edge I didnt install the webpage y00tz did and he installed all the files includedwith the download and just to confirm tourny is pending.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 10:26:45 PM »
Tsk, I'm everyones scapegoat. ;)  To reiterate, what is the exact problem with the sucky software?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »
There is no link to get to a "Register Your Team" page.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 01:36:44 AM »
Edge I didnt install the webpage y00tz did and he installed all the files includedwith the download and just to confirm tourny is pending.

Well, than again it's your mistake because you haven't had a plan. Trust me, that's the job I'm doing, if I don't have a plan for most of the things that I do, I don't believe I would do them properly.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 04:05:28 PM »
I dont have all the options under configuration that it shows I should.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 06:52:56 PM »
I registered 3 three accounts last night, started teams, logged back in as an admin or whatever and approved them, everything seemed to work fine.  Don't blame Apocalypse for anything, so far other than a delay nothing has gone wrong... to be honest, I wasn't familiar with the software and should have taken time to familiarize myself.  If you want to blame someone for Continentals not going off smoothly to date, blame me.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 02:11:53 AM »
You don't organise the tourney, beside I was actually trying to help him to realize what he must do when he starts a project. It was not an attack or anything.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 07:11:21 PM »
Thanks y00tz np you don't have to take the blame I apologize to evryone for all the delays I'll ask Jits to change the date for Continentals on the News or add a new one and change a couple things around in the config and it will be a final date.
Edit: y00tz could you fix the IRC to #continentals how ever you fixed the Users Teams.