Author Topic: lights in my map  (Read 4337 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: lights in my map
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 03:00:42 AM »
The light is set to 40 in the worldspawn?  You referring to the _sun_light?  If so, you probably need to make it higher than that.  Also make sure your sky brushes have light checked and a value of 300 or so.  You should probably make a really simple test map to figure out how to do lighting so you don't have to wait for your larger map to compile.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 11:24:02 AM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=9196.0
I had the same problem a while back.  This topic helped me out so why not give it a try too.

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 05:42:29 PM »
well, i found out why there is a stutter in the map, the r_speeds are through the roof, which is prob due to the fact I haven't put anything in the center except the pool. I know you (Jitspoe) said not to use the fastvis rad for the compile, but it works. I have 3 other maps done & no problems. The R_speeds are high as 1200 on one map & under 1000 for the other 2 maps.
    As for the light.....in the world spawn entity i placed a "tab" that key light, value 40, it give me light that I find acceptable for the game since all the buildings in my map have lights in them that work properly.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 06:32:06 PM »
It works, just not as well.

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »
ok, so i should take away the light value to the worldspawn, give the sky a light value and do a final compile?? from previous tests this didnt produce any lights or shadow......