Author Topic: Training clan Survey #2--For members of parent clans or leaders  (Read 2110 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
Training clan Survey #2--For members of parent clans or leaders
« on: January 27, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
This survey is for members of parent clans that sponsor a training clan OR for leaders in a stand alone training clan.

What clan do you belong to?

How long have you been in that clan?

How important are training clans to you?

Why did your clan start a training clan?

Does your clan promote from within the training clan to the parent clan? Do you have a process for doing so?

What things do you teach in your training clan?

What one thing would you most like to improve about your training clan?

Which communication methods do you use? (IRC, instant messengers, ventrillo/Teamspeak, website, forum, etc.)

What are the requirements to join your training clan?

How much time do you spend with trainees in actual training? How much time in matching/scrimming?

If there were tournaments for training clan members only would you encourage your training clan recruits to participate?

Would you participate in a forum for DP training clans?

Further comments:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:35:08 PM by m7feettall »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Training clan Survey #--For members of parent clans or leaders
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 01:20:57 PM »
I DID belong to WsL.

3 Weeks. lul.

They're a good source of practice without everyone yelling OMFG YOU SUCK WE ARENT GONNA ADD WIN YEAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHEWHEHAHE!!!111!1!1

Well, it was WsL.

Nope, because wsl and int were to be equal.

Jumps, map tactics, messing around

Bring it back.

IRC/vent/forum

Your head isn't lodged up your arse.

Well, when people are on, they're generally practicing in game or in a match.

HELL YES.

further comments:

the highlight of the whole thing was playing ass 'n' titties over vent.

m7feettall

• Autococker
Re: Training clan Survey #2--For members of parent clans or leaders
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:23:24 PM »

further comments:

the highlight of the whole thing was playing ass 'n' titties over vent.

Maggot and you did seem to get a kick out of that.

grasshopper

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »
Farmstarz

umm... since it started. maby oo idk about 5-6 months?????

verry  lol

well allstarz started the clan i gess to get more recruits

yes.the prosses is MuFF deciding u r good enough and promoting u into allstarz

Jumps, map tactics, messing around  LoL =D

ppl getting on vent when we get a scrim/match!!!!!!!!!!!!

irc/vent(sometimes)

hav irc and a level of skill

pfft lol.training with allstarz maby 1nce in 2 weeks .and matching/scrimming depends.sometimes 0 and sometimes many times per day

YuP

lol i hate forums but idk MABY but probly not

=D =D   my first ever post.c how i dont like forums

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »
Farmstarz

umm... since it started. maby oo idk about 5-6 months?????

verry  lol

well allstarz started the clan i gess to get more recruits

yes.the prosses is MuFF deciding u r good enough and promoting u into allstarz

Jumps, map tactics, messing around  LoL =D

ppl getting on vent when we get a scrim/match!!!!!!!!!!!!

irc/vent(sometimes)

hav irc and a level of skill

pfft lol.training with allstarz maby 1nce in 2 weeks .and matching/scrimming depends.sometimes 0 and sometimes many times per day

YuP

lol i hate forums but idk MABY but probly not

=D =D   my first ever post.c how i dont like forums

Thank you for posting, and overcoming your aversion to forums.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »
What clan do you belong to: .unPro^

How long have you been in that clan: about 4 months

How important are training clans to you: Not Very

Why did your clan start a training clan:I Have no idea, i would think because DP is very boring and to teach some one else would make it fun

Does your clan promote from within the training clan to the parent clan: If they are good enough, Yes Do you have a process for doing so: During "practice" if we like what we see

What things do you teach in your training clan: Jumps, Line spots, How to Merk etc.

What's one thing would you most like to improve about your training clan:The skill level, like i said before i don't know why we have nubs wearing a similar tag

Which communication methods do you use? (IRC, instant messengers, ventrillo/Teamspeak, website, forum, etc.) :IRC, Vent, TS.

What are the requirements to join your training clan: so far, none if you want to join you can, i am assuming later when we have around 7-8 members that we will start to "cut" and pick new recruits that have interest

How much time do you spend with trainees in actual training: when we are not matching and we are bored we will "train" them or if they ask and we can "train" them, then we will How much time in matching/scrimming: we currently have two of the parent team on the training team who match using their tag with them. The parent team also grabs a server and scrimages mixing the two teams together.

If there were tournaments for training clan members only would you encourage your training clan recruits to participate: Yes but lets get serious, Our (dumb in my oppinion) training clan and Farm Starz are the only ones. doesn't sound like much of a tourney

Would you participate in a forum for DP training clans: hate the forum, let me know on IRC and ill be glad to talk about something there

Further comments: Erase .unPro^ off of the "Banned List" for INT matching

heyneken

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »
What clan do you belong to? QeHs

How long have you been in that clan? no idea

How important are training clans to you? 0

Why did your clan start a training clan? no idea, mental problems maybe

Does your clan promote from within the training clan to the parent clan? Do you have a process for doing so? yeah

What things do you teach in your training clan? killing people with a paintball gun

What one thing would you most like to improve about your training clan? no idea

Which communication methods do you use? (IRC, instant messengers, ventrillo/Teamspeak, website, forum, etc.) irc, ts, website or what ever

What are the requirements to join your training clan?  you have to shoot people with a pb gun

How much time do you spend with trainees in actual training? How much time in matching/scrimming?  0

If there were tournaments for training clan members only would you encourage your training clan recruits to participate? sure what ever

Would you participate in a forum for DP training clans? lol? no

further comments: awesome quiz

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »
What clan do you belong to: .unPro^

How long have you been in that clan: about 4 months

How important are training clans to you: Not Very

Why did your clan start a training clan:I Have no idea, i would think because DP is very boring and to teach some one else would make it fun

Does your clan promote from within the training clan to the parent clan: If they are good enough, Yes Do you have a process for doing so: During "practice" if we like what we see

What things do you teach in your training clan: Jumps, Line spots, How to Merk etc.

What's one thing would you most like to improve about your training clan:The skill level, like i said before i don't know why we have nubs wearing a similar tag

Which communication methods do you use? (IRC, instant messengers, ventrillo/Teamspeak, website, forum, etc.) :IRC, Vent, TS.

What are the requirements to join your training clan: so far, none if you want to join you can, i am assuming later when we have around 7-8 members that we will start to "cut" and pick new recruits that have interest

How much time do you spend with trainees in actual training: when we are not matching and we are bored we will "train" them or if they ask and we can "train" them, then we will How much time in matching/scrimming: we currently have two of the parent team on the training team who match using their tag with them. The parent team also grabs a server and scrimages mixing the two teams together.

If there were tournaments for training clan members only would you encourage your training clan recruits to participate: Yes but lets get serious, Our (dumb in my oppinion) training clan and Farm Starz are the only ones. doesn't sound like much of a tourney

Would you participate in a forum for DP training clans: hate the forum, let me know on IRC and ill be glad to talk about something there

Further comments: Erase .unPro^ off of the "Banned List" for INT matching

Thanks for your response.  You can talk to me in irc about the banned list. And there are more than two training clans out there. Part of why I am taking this survey is the increase in awareness of training clans that results.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »
What clan do you belong to? QeHs

How long have you been in that clan? no idea

How important are training clans to you? 0

Why did your clan start a training clan? no idea, mental problems maybe

Does your clan promote from within the training clan to the parent clan? Do you have a process for doing so? yeah

What things do you teach in your training clan? killing people with a paintball gun

What one thing would you most like to improve about your training clan? no idea

Which communication methods do you use? (IRC, instant messengers, ventrillo/Teamspeak, website, forum, etc.) irc, ts, website or what ever

What are the requirements to join your training clan?  you have to shoot people with a pb gun

How much time do you spend with trainees in actual training? How much time in matching/scrimming?  0

If there were tournaments for training clan members only would you encourage your training clan recruits to participate? sure what ever

Would you participate in a forum for DP training clans? lol? no

further comments: awesome quiz

I sure hope your views are not representative of the whole Q group. If so then the training clan is not much of a priority. But thank you for the response.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 03:45:33 PM »

Int

Since rept and I founded it 6 months ago.

Important. New folks need a chance to learn the game in a clan setting.

Because I was not good enough for a competitive clan but wanted practice.

Does your clan promote from within the training clan to the parent clan? Do you have a process for doing so?
We are an independent training clan. We do not have a parent organization. But we do encourage those recruits who want to move on to a competitive clan. And if we can we refer them. Those members who like our environment and want to stay we encourage them that route. Those that really want to use us as a stepping stone to get to the upper level clans we try to help do that. Some just come to our clan to get their skills back up after having been inactive for a while. Whichever path someone is on they can contribute.

lining spots, jumps (especially on our home maps, but some on others), basics of voice recon and strategy, how to do basic clan functions such as connect to a server (some really don't know), how to specinvite, etc. We also have taken on a few who did not know how to strafe and taught them that.

What one thing would you most like to improve about your training clan? I think we could use more training on lining spots and tactics on particular maps, especially common tie maps right now.

Which communication methods do you use? (IRC, instant messengers, ventrillo/Teamspeak, website, forum, etc.)
We use vent, irc and forums.

An interest in clans, a willingness to learn, a microphone for vent and a half-way decent shot. We also like some general knowledge of at least common pub maps.

How much time do you spend with trainees in actual training? How much time in matching/scrimming?
We train every night on our maps and tie maps. Often this is simulated scrims with teams either in the same vent or different channels. Other times it is lining or jumping practice. We try to give links to map info or demos from other groups. Sometimes we have folks from other clans  share reference material or come in and assist on a jump or some aspect.

We match/scrim whenever there are enough folks on that want to.  Most every clan is willing to match us since we are often a win for them :)  Some nights we do up to 5 or 6 scrims, and some nights none. Just depends on the mood. We have been known to run multiple scrims at once if a lot of our folks are on.

If there were tournaments for training clan members only would you encourage your training clan recruits to participate? I certainly would. We need to have a venue to allow for competition among those at somewhat similar levels.

yes.

Further comments:

So far InT has been a great experience. We have lost a lot and won some too. I have definitely improved since the time we founded it, simply by playing in matches and watching, and gleaning hints from others when I could.

We have had some great people in the clan too, which has made it worthwhile.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 04:19:13 PM »
Metal Militia

since 2004

They're a "nice to have"

To increase the amount of trainees and to improve the skillbase that we could recruit from

The training clan didn't last long enough, but it was part of the plan - we had trainings together and were watching the training clan's members closely

Mostly team communication and understanding of complex maps

Ties to the main clan should have been closer - to many players switch clans every week

Website, Forum, Teamspeak, IRC

Friendly behaviour, basic skills

Had training twice a week for 1 hour, scrims were up to them

If there were tournaments for training clan members only would you encourage your training clan recruits to participate?
They participated in EuroPaint, but as they are not anymore... :/

Due to the circumstances, probably not

Further comments:
I wish that players would not switch clans as easily and as often

Regards,
-)MeMi(-PURE

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 04:58:37 AM »

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »
QeHs

since 2005 (have been elsewhere)
Relatively important

To bring more players to matching scene.

Yes, we have promoted a good number of those (check the ex member lists for q.b). We dont have a system. Our training clan isnt the ideal way of having a training clan. We rather take already matching people to clan and  tryout them (to check their loyalty and inclan attitude).

Maps, attitude, recon.

To really get a TRAINING clan going, not a tryout clan.

Mostly irc, during matches TS (occasionally)

At the moment we rather dont recruit.

We match with [q.b] as they are part of our main team.

I think that would be great and I would force q.b to play =)

Dont think so.

Further comments:
I wish it would be easier to find intelligent people with good attitude easier.