Author Topic: Pls help with light on map  (Read 1480 times)

SystemCZ

• PGP
Pls help with light on map
« on: January 22, 2008, 05:35:15 AM »
I am do some texture and i press"s"and i akcept ligth and on map nothing light pls say me how do light :).And how do shadow on map??? i am do something (small house or tree) but this think have not shadow how do it ? Pls help  ;)

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Pls help with light on map
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:24:35 AM »
 When you select a random texture to be a light source, then you also must write something to the "value" box. (thats above the light box). The value I used when I wanted the texture to be a light source was something like 10000 or so. But test it yourself.
The shadows occur when there is a object and it blocks some of the light going behind it. So you only have to create and object. But maybe, maybe, you asked that because you have such object in a map, but shadow is nowhere to be seen. Thats maybe because the object is an entity. Make a screenshot so we can understand you more, because I dont quite understand what you mean by "shadow on a map".

SystemCZ

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »
ok here is scrren

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:40:51 AM »
Run a final compile (Export>final compile.bat).

If you added the lights correct, you will get lights and shadows with that.

SystemCZ

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »
ok i try it

SystemCZ

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »
look the light dont light i am do final combile.But it write:------Load BSP File ------ reading c:/bsp/pball2/quake2/pball/mapfiles/camelot_b1 no vis information,directed lighting only-----Light Word-----

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »
No VIS information!

Is there an error or mistake in your VIS? Or do you have more than 6500 numportals?

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »
Most likely too much surface area.  Try detailing things like barrels and other objects and maybe scaling the map down a bit.  Problem comes up a lot.
By detailing brushes I mean,
Select the object
Push the 's' key
Click the detail option