Author Topic: The Real Problem...  (Read 14780 times)

me

Re: The Real Problem...
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2005, 05:15:49 PM »
Ok, you know what?  I feel the need to go into rant mode here.

I've been trying to open this up and make it more community driven.  I've been starting discussions for basically all of the various ideas I've had.  I've started up a .plan thread detailing the things I'm working on.  I've started up a wiki so that the community can help document the game.  I've organized weekly pickups.  I've helped people work on their maps and started the weekly map testing (after the pickups fizzled out) where I'm actively participating twice a week to run the tests, and I spend hours writing up detailed critiques and helping people fix issues with their maps.  I'm spending $100 of my own hard earned money every month so that I can run a server, and I'm uploading new test builds every few days so people can try them out and provide feedback.  I switched clans because I wasn't getting enough match time with cP.  I spend at least 2 hours every day doing DP-related stuff of some sort, and that's pretty much all of my free time.

And now all of a sudden, I get slammed harder than ever before.  You come in and have the audacity to say that I can do better?  No, you can do better.  Come to the tests.  Give feedback.  Help out with graphics or something.  Next time any of you come whining and crying about how I supposedly ruined the game, ask yourself, "What have I contributed?"  If it's nothing, sit down and shut up.

What do I get for all the hard work I've put into this?  Nothing.  But that's ok, because I enjoy the game.  However, what's the point in me working on a game I don't enjoy?  Do I not even have the right to make changes so that it's more enjoyable for myself?

WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT NATHAN!

BLITZ CONTRIBUTED..... a whole 35 feet by 65 feet square with invisible walls and the words " *ip* blitz on the walls!!! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT!!!

/end sarcasim.

jitspoe for president 2006.

FFIRE ON 4 PREZIDENT LolZ.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2005, 08:12:13 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:09:23 AM by Dirty_Taco »