Author Topic: Video Card/In Game Settings issue?  (Read 1698 times)

LoVeRs

• VM-68
Video Card/In Game Settings issue?
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:15:47 AM »
Video Card = Dual SLI GeForce 7800 GTX - all set to defaults (at the moment)

In game settings =
800x600
Fullscreen
75Hz
Reflective Water
Shadows None
Caustic 2 Pass

Anisotropic Filtering 8x
Enable High-Res Texture Pack
Texture Quality All the way Up
Hardware Gamma on.
Over Bright on.

Issue: When playing dp I get these quick flashes of the screen.  During these quick flashes, I see somthing of the game enlarged.  When I say that I mean like the text that appears from chat enlarges and fills the screen real fast or the FPS count enlarges...
Or just other aspects flash up for less than a second.   at times this will happen frequently to every so many seconds.  This makes it hard for me to play.  yeah =/  its like a mini lag.  but its not lag related. (as far as I know) I use Ventrilo (newest version) and mirc.  All other programs are closed out before entering the game just incase of pop-up/notifications that could affect gameplay.
And demo recordings show nothing...I gave the demo to Gbongs and he saw nothing wrong....screenshots of it are hard to come by..since they flash oh so fast.

------what do ya know? ???

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Video Card/In Game Settings issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:31:36 AM »
Record a video using FRAPS, upload it.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »
Fraps does not show it..i've looked over the videos i just created with it. =/  perhaps i will create a video with my camera and send it that way?  you'll have somthing tomarrow. @ 12:00 PM

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:46:21 PM »
That is to say, that way you could physically see what im seeing.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:41:20 PM »
fraps doesn't see it either? then it must be between the connection of the video card and the monitor... Does it continue if you plug the monitor into a different port?

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »
I get this at a substantially reduced amount than you do (maybe 3 or 4 times per map).  Glad to know that I'm not the only one, but sorry that it happens to you so often.  :(  I have a GeForce 6800, so maybe it's something to do with nvidia(?)... who's your monitor manufacturer?  I have a Samsung 226CW.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 04:39:05 PM »
Sounds like artifacting.  Make sure your video card isn't overheating.  You might try different drivers as well.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 03:39:34 PM »
fixed...installed a cooling case....did the trick.. must have been overheating.