Author Topic: Hacking and the committee...  (Read 1532 times)

^$hooter^

• Stingray
Hacking and the committee...
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:40:07 AM »
Well Ive just came back to DP. I have to say Im mostly disappointed in the way things are being handled. Before I left if someone was hacking, a demo got posted and then they were banned. Now we have this "committee", that is very ineffective. Bans are being handled unfairly and very delayed. Sortve reminds me of the delayed reaction commercials. I mean we have homing getting banned 64 days when a first offence is supposed to be 32 days. Not to mention, it took a week to get him banned. Then we have wade that was reported by homing, and the only thing we get from that is well the demo is old and that he was reported by a hacker. Didn't know hacking had a statute of limitations.  Does it matter who reports the violation? I mean do the cops ignore drug dealers because they was reported by a murderer. Then we have those two guys that got caught giving out hacks. One was banned for 64 days, the other was 1024. Come on do you guys just have a wall of potential ban times and just throw darts at it for each offender. Since some players get a free pass, there must be a free pass up on the wall too. This committee is very slow at responding to the hacking reports, then when they do theyre very inconsistent in handling the reports fairly.

Yes I know Im going to get flamed for this. But thats ok I put on my flameproof suit. So blaze away. If the committee is doing a good job in your eyes good for you, you must have more patience and trust in them than I do.

EDIT:
Also IMO anyone caught hacking or giving out hackers should be banned permently and told to have a nice life.

Why is this guy on the committee?
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=3943.0
I think all committee members should be held to the highest of standards and have a spotless background.

Olbaid

• Autococker
Re: Hacking and the committee...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:56:29 AM »
I'll make this short and simple considering thats clearly all you want.

1. Spook isn't on the committee anymore.
2. The committee didn't decide on a 64 day ban, jitspoe did.
3. There is no delay with the committee.  The day the thread was made in the committee section the decision was made, but it takes jitspoe time to actually set the ban due to having a job/life.
4. As spook mentioned in wade's thread, wade's case is the same as carcoal's.  He won't get banned due to such an old demo.

^$hooter^

• Stingray
Re: Hacking and the committee...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 01:06:01 AM »
Wow you guys are really lenient. Its too old to be considered a bannable offense. I dont get that at all.You may want to update the committee sticky then. Maybe Im just used to hackers being dealt with differently. Most games you hack and get evidence against you. As soon as the proper people see the evidence against you, Permanent ban see ya. Theres none of this well let us have your demos, lets decide on the time. Why do you want hackers returning to the community? Could you explain the huge difference between the 1024 day ban and 32 day ban. I believe one of the guys was ieatnoobs. Im too tired to run it down.  Im just saying if you are going to allow hackers to return. Then there should be set in stone punishments. Such as 1st-32day 2nd-64 3rd-Permanent.