Author Topic: Vista Problem?  (Read 4671 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Vista Problem?
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 11:34:06 PM »
Rick, u have an ATI cos u probably have a old motherboard, just like mine.
No i have an ATI because they were cheap. not because i have an old motherboard so shut up.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »
cheap? u gotta be kidding unless u got it off ebay.  A 256Mb ATI costed more then a 256Mb ATI 4 me.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 10:08:25 PM »
Im not sure if this is even in the same ballpark, but I know that with alot of new graphic card drivers (especially nvidia) you need to do a pretty thorough removal of the old driver before installing the new ones, else you can end up with issues. Ive used DriverCleaner (guru3d.com?)succesfully a few times. read instructions though, gotta uninstall driver, run in safe-mode, clean the cabs, etc etc.

If Henkka says he's got the same card and he's used a driver succesfully, seems to me youve almost certainly eliminated one variable (which driver to choose). Its time to explore what else is getting in the way.

Anywhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

good luck,
mewa

pif

• Stingray
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 05:54:18 PM »
i've the same problem with my graphic card ATI radeon xpress 200m , the message is " opengl isn't available " and i've the same message  when i open paint =/