Author Topic: Bug: Maps don't finish at fraglimit until all flags are capped  (Read 2438 times)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Well, this looks like another gem from build 151.

Quote from: gamex86_changelog.txt
*** 1.903 build 151 ***
- Fixed players not getting credit for carrying multiple flags at match end (2 flag overtime bug) 4:08 PM 11/8/2007

Now maps won't immediately end at the fraglimit if the opponent is carrying any flags.  I think that it really takes a lot of excitement out of that last round in a close map.  Secondly I think it heavily rewards lame match-end tactics.  If you're not going to fix this, then please give us a cvar.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Bug: Maps don't finish at fraglimit until all flags are capped
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »
This should only happen if the result will end in a tie.  Could you elaborate on exactly what the problem is and/or give an example?  Overtime already has a cvar and can be disabled.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »
I have a demo, this happened during one of our (Starz's) matches.

Here it is: http://loluploads.com/206802 

Also, unrelated, but if you're in obs blackout and you go underwater, the blackscreen turns to brown. Why?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 07:27:49 PM »
Interesting.  45-48, both teams had a flag.  The one with 45 points captured, making the score 50-48.  If the map were to end at that point, the other team would get a 2 point bonus and end in a 50-50 tie.  How do you suggest this situation be handled?  I don't think it heavily rewards cheap match-end tactics, because that exact scenario is very rare, and it would have to be the team in the lead that is behind on capturing the flag.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:38:17 PM »
If I remember correctly, the first one to 50 wins, and that's how it always should be. Otherwise instead of rushing my ass off to get that cap, I would have gotten both flags and beat them at their base for the 5 points to win.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 06:04:04 AM »
* Playah smells a poll!?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 06:09:52 AM »
If I remember correctly, the first one to 50 wins, and that's how it always should be. Otherwise instead of rushing my ass off to get that cap, I would have gotten both flags and beat them at their base for the 5 points to win.

with the current settings, both would hit 50 at the same time.  I believe the current setting is fine, no need to change a thing.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 02:36:29 PM »
I'm with b00n on this one.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 02:35:12 PM »
with the current settings, both would hit 50 at the same time.  I believe the current setting is fine, no need to change a thing.
I'm with b00n on this one.

Wrong.

Right.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »
But still, even though you hit 50 first, the match end ends the round which awards them 2 points for carrying a flag making it a dead tie. I really can't think of a better way to handle that.