Author Topic: Good old God - religious thread  (Read 1795 times)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
Good old God - religious thread
« on: May 04, 2008, 08:14:41 AM »
Hi all,
    Thought i'd start a religious thread, just wondering what people believe about God, higher powers and all that good stuff.
NO MAKING THIS INTO A FLAME WAR!!...
I'll leave my opinions for later....

Josh

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Good old God - religious thread
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
Obligatory Warning:

First one who flames gets a vacation and the thread removed.

That is all.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 11:34:31 AM »
You should give your opinions first...

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 11:57:40 AM »
everybody has theirs own opinions about everything. this is something that i believe shouldn't be discussed. religion is something a lot of people take very serious. hope this doesn't result in something bad.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 12:16:06 PM »
oaky doaky,
I'm a comitted evangelical christian. I think that Jesus not only existed but that he was the son of God and he died so that I don't need to.

Here come the flames....

Oh and has anyone seen this?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24418659/

It's an amazing revival happening in florida. It's on the GOD channel from about 7pm. It's really amazing. Last I heard 16 people have gotten out of their wheelchairs

everybody has theirs own opinions about everything. this is something that i believe shouldn't be discussed. religion is something a lot of people take very serious.
Which I do. Please respect my post and try not to tear it apart. I want this thread to be about religion, not MY personal beliefs

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
I am Mormon and believe wholeheartedly in polygamy.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »
everybody has theirs own opinions about everything. this is something that i believe shouldn't be discussed. religion is something a lot of people take very serious. hope this doesn't result in something bad.
+1

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 03:37:27 PM »
I am Mormon and believe wholeheartedly in polygamy.
I really havn't reasearched mormons very well. What do you believe?
I might make a whole new thread about this florida lakeland revival/outpouring.
I was just watching and a woman with a demon who couldn't walk (needed to be carried from the stands to the stage) just got delivered from a curse/witchcraft life and started to run around and started to say halelujah and praise Jesus! REALLY cool stuff is happening. Check it out.

+1
cmon, can't we have a debate without having a flame war?

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »
That wasn't a flame.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 04:19:12 PM »
soz i didnt mean it that way. I meant it as though u think that this'll probably turn into a flame. I gtg anyway, I'll explain later.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 04:19:44 PM »
i_am_a_pirate:
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy
Polygamy can be defined as any "form of marriage in which a person [has] more than one spouse."

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
You've got to remember that it's very easy to stage things, and there's a lot of money in convincing people of your religion. Take everything you see with a grain of salt.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »
You've got to remember that it's very easy to stage things, and there's a lot of money in convincing people of your religion. Take everything you see with a grain of salt.

so true.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »

I'd like to add to that.  Those TV 'ministers' that will "say a prayer for you if you send $5" don't worship the God they claim.  Their 'god' is money and greed.  It makes me want to put my foot through the TV every time I see on of them.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »
This thread is overreaching (and altogether pointless for a number of reasons) - the topic of god/Gods/religion/existence etc. have been discussed here before, and have ultimately proved to me that this community is not the correct place to be discussing these topics, 'other stuff' aside.

The ignorance of such a topic bugs me, the title alone implies that g/God(s) and religion are intertwined, and will surely cause a 'flame fest' you were looking to avoid.

I think the best thing to do, is to lock this topic with a quote from Jitspoe in one of the past 'religion' theads that ultimately ended in a forced decision of agreeing to disagree.

2+2 = ?