Author Topic: Feature: Admin Mute Option  (Read 11930 times)

James

• 68 Carbine
Re: Feature: Admin Mute Option
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 02:56:25 PM »
How about a callvote system instead of giving the already bad admins there are more tools to abuse with? Nah, that'd be to fair.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »
All this is done under the assumption that admins will behave, or at least admin their server in a way they see fit. There should definitely be a notification (e.g. 'Player was muted by admin', or something along those lines), so that admins that would abuse it can't pretend nothing happened.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »
then what would be the point of muting? it's just supposed to be a mute, no kicking or banning involved. more useful for the new kids that love to spam binds every time they die.

i didnt mean bans as in bans. i meant bans from mm1/mm2-ing

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
How about a callvote system instead of giving the already bad admins there are more tools to abuse with? Nah, that'd be to fair.

Cobo needs to submit his idea for a customized voting system.  With that in place, any admin command could be voted on if configured.  Of course, your foul mouth and poor attitude will probably get you muted on nearly every server, be it by admin or player votes.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 10:43:42 PM »
i didnt mean bans as in bans. i meant bans from mm1/mm2-ing

that is called muting.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 10:59:35 PM »
we're talkin in circles coLa

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 03:28:50 AM »
lol. i love messing with you, that's all.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 01:42:47 AM »
Would it ban just that IP or range on extension?

For instance I have dynamic IP which is default in my country. To have static IP I would have to pay unreasonable ammount of money.

hardware mutes, anyone? ;D

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 09:25:19 AM »

A callvote system could be abused just as easily as the new admin command.

I think that something a little more automatic like a filter command that can be disabled or enabled in the server config would eliminate the potential for any kind of admin or player abuse.

A base list of the most common abusive statements or language could be created.  This list or data file should also be one that can be edited or added to by server owners.

The system should ALWAYS give 1 warning to the offender ("INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR IS NOT TOLERATED ON THIS SERVER - YOU WILL BE MUTED FOR 24/48 HOURS FOR YOUR NEXT OFFENSE").  Then if they are abusive a 2nd time they'll be muted for a 24 to 48 hour period automatically.

Just a thought...

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 05:36:16 PM »
How would a voting system be abused? I'd find it hard to believe you would find that many people willing to abuse one person for no reason on a 16/16 server, or better yet a 32 max player server. When it only takes one of you to mute anyone you want.

Chevy

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »
This is only for public servers?
Because if someone does it in a matchserver, are you also muted in team_say?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 09:04:19 AM »
This is only for public servers?
Because if someone does it in a matchserver, are you also muted in team_say?
Hmm, a valid concern.  I guess it would depend on what login level is required to mute players, and what level people renting the server get.