Author Topic: where to report server admin abuse for gt servers?  (Read 3883 times)

vague312

• VM-68
where to report server admin abuse for gt servers?
« on: June 09, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »
had a problem on one of the gt servers today.

Situation:
I nail GT Snipen 2 rounds in a row in the same spot. After my second kill he starts throwing a hissy fit like a 2 year old. First i get kicked for no reason, after i reconnect i managed to grab the flag and the little cry baby decided to "admin kill" me when i hang. next map comes round i get hit and find i was put on observer. no big deal join team again and then the same thing happens. he swaps maps to propaint, nothing happens for a bit (thought he was done ). I found myself on the same team with GT Snipen then swapped to replace a player on the other team. Bang i start having problems getting swapped to observer again and it became pointless to try and play.

now if i was any other person i would prob go off on a pointless trashing spree against the GT clan and GT servers but im not those other ppl. it solves nothing.

Main Question:
I am simply wondering whom i need to contact so i can ask "Why was this person given an administration position when its very obvious they cant use it in a mature fashion?"

I have been playing for a few years now and i can deal with random administrators kicking ppl for no reason and swapping maps because they dont like the map. But, when one player decides to use there administrative position like a little kid that doesnt like being hit. please.

Note: im not looking to make this drag on for six months and god knows this might not solve anything. But this is an issue between 2 ppl i would like to resolve if i can.

thanks

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: where to report server admin abuse for gt servers?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 03:37:08 PM »
Lets see, so many people have complained about this before.....  LET IT GO.

Snipen pays for the servers therefore they are there for the public's use UNDER his power.  They are well known servers, servers that many people play on. If he gets annoying learn to laugh at it and have sum fun while you can.  Or just leave and miss out on the fun because getting viewgibbed in my opinion in pubs is a load of fun.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
One, GT is their own server. They can do what they want with their admin powers, so coming here to do anything except bring abuse into the public eye (which has been done again, and again, and again...)
Two, if you want to raise any complaint, you need either a demo or a log to prove what you say is true. Use the 'condump' command to get a text log of the console next time.

Three, GT's an interesting place. They run pretty poor server settings, have horrible admin abuse issues, and generally tend to put their own server's popularity ahead of advancing the game or providing a pleasant experience for the players. The most you can do to protest is not play there, unfortunately (Or get others to boycott them as well). But honestly, that won't accomplish anything either given the sheer volume of new players that spend a couple moths playing the game, knowing nothing about the community or anything. You can't stop them.
 A lot would happen if GT just disappeared one day.

vague312

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »
no problem.

didnt know the admin abuse was a regular thing among these servers. eh what can ya do.
thanks for the info either way guys.

a lot of good or bad will happen?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 06:17:37 PM »
best thing to do is move to england, i have a spare room, we can have lan parties together on our laptops (i have a spare laptop if u dont have one) in our room on my euro server. low pings, good food, great company and maybe more x

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »
God Lekky you broke up with your boyfriend?

vague312

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »
depends, do i still get the joy of high gas prices and long work days?
I dont know what i would do if i had a day off and made money at the same time. lol

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 01:44:51 AM »
no problem.
didn't know the admin abuse was a regular thing among these servers.

OK what you should of said was

"didn't know the admin abuse was a regular thing among this GAME!!!!"

most people who run servers on here will all ways abuse someone. and jitspoe cant really do anything about it

gt servers are not the only one who abuse  the server admin.   y2j\er33t are also well known for kicking people out of there servers during clan matches which is even more pathetic then getting kicked from a public server

*Squeeeee*

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »
gt servers are not the only one who abuse  the server admin.   y2j\er33t are also well known for kicking people out of there servers during clan matches which is even more pathetic then getting kicked from a public server

Gee, I wonder who it was that got kicked...? ;)

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
I just realized GT never answered my email I sent two years ago asking for a Snipen interview. :/

edit: hm..I still have it!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 12:50:07 PM »
Resend! Resend! Resend!

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
best thing to do is move to england, i have a spare room, we can have lan parties together on our laptops (i have a spare laptop if u dont have one) in our room on my euro server. low pings, good food, great company and maybe more x

wow lekky ur making us british look bad. u seem realli lonely lol.

poeple that kik poeple randomly cus theyre losing are called "sore losers" leave them and move on. theyll be the ones hated. and then theyll ahve a lonely cyber life. or if they act the same  in real life theyll bcome like lekky inviting poeple over to live at his house and  play with him adn "maybe more". no offence.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »
wow lekky ur making us british look bad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 02:35:25 PM »
whys that funny.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »
UnRateD check out my pics and revise your statement. I'm making us brits look da sex.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 04:31:17 PM »
Gee, I wonder who it was that got kicked...? ;)

heh i've been kick\temp-banned from gt\otb\er33t\etc... servers so shhh eiiii ;)

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 12:50:50 AM »
UnRateD check out my pics and revise your statement. I'm making us brits look da sex.

what pics? "look da sex" lol thast funny.

heh i've been kick\temp-banned from gt\otb\er33t\etc... servers so shhh eiiii ;)

GO ON!!! GET IN !!!

i dont think ive ever been kicked scept once as a joke. hmm..

DeadZero0

• Stingray
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 03:06:42 AM »
OMG Snipen has Admin killed me once!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!