Author Topic: Caught hacking  (Read 2978 times)

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Caught hacking
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:07:40 PM »
Here is a demo of Orbitz caught hacking

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: Caught hacking
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
Thanks for the reporting.  Any details on how he was hacking -- Wallhack, Aimbot, Speed, Other?  And possibly which server he was in?
I will take a look at the demo once I return home.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 04:36:43 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:51:28 AM by P!nk »

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 02:47:11 AM »
the kid definatly is not hacking.  he's getting very lucky, on an overplayed map.  i mean common he cant even strafe, you expect him to be capable of hacking? what has gotten into you hack-happy accusers these days?  And another thing, that cole kid is not 19, his lame typing skills proved that right from the get go.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 08:16:59 AM »
Demo Reviewed...

Results: Inconclusive

Suspected Activities:
In a few rounds Orbitz apears to "know" exactly where to shoot when coming over the center jump.
He apears, in one round, to be watching the spray go over his head before pouncing over the center jump (possible decoy tactic?).
The biggest proponent on the side of Orbitz hacking happens during round 4 or 5. In this round there is a battle around cole's center bunker and Orbitz "apears" to exactly follow cole through the solid parts. This kill is made through the center opening in the bunker. From the third person view of the demo recorder you cannot accurately see if Orbitz could truely see the top of cole's head before standing up to take the death shot.

Conclusion:
I would not conclude that Orbitz was hacking. This demo was not long enough for conclusive results. Anything that apears to be hacking could be explained off as blind luck or natural skill.

Suggestions:
If you suspect a person is hacking try to demo them for as long as possible in FIRST PERSON view (looking through thier eyes). This view allows you to directly see what the suspect is seeing.
Although this demo was inconclusive please feel free to post any and all suspect demos.

Good work Superman.
Good playing Orbitz & cole!

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 08:24:21 AM »
what has gotten into you hack-happy accusers these days?
Don't listen to this comment. Vigilance is the best deffense against hackers. Suspect everyone, take your demos, and let the community determine the validity of the accusations.

And another thing, that cole kid is not 19, his lame typing skills proved that right from the get go.
If we were to judge age on typing skill we would place Loial in the elementary school category. Now if you talk to Loial on vent you will find that he is very respectful of others, and very articulate in his speech and choice of words.
Typing ability has nothing to do with a person's age.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 09:08:20 AM »
what has gotten into you hack-happy accusers these days?
If we were to judge age on typing skill we would place Loial in the elementary school category. Now if you talk to Loial on vent you will find that he is very respectful of others, and very articulate in his speech and choice of words.
Typing ability has nothing to do with a person's age.

[quote author = Loial at some point or another...]
get the phawq out of here. YOY bastage
id rather be able to kill my self and not loose stats, besides with grenades that can kill the thrower, whats to stop them from killing them selvs to prevent s cap.
is this in wikipedia?
im lazy

I'm sure I could find more loial funnyness, but I have to go.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 09:42:46 AM »
mms also hacks, watch when he looks at the flag through the wall.
http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=LXVH5LBN

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 09:58:19 AM »
lmfao.. where else do YOU look at when you are in that tunnel in airtime?  for me, i'm not crouching in backwards ...

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 10:04:46 AM »
lmfao.. where else do YOU look at when you are in that tunnel in airtime? for me, i'm not crouching in backwards ...
He's looking trough the f'ing wall.

This is what he's looking at without wallhack

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 10:23:29 AM »
pinobot that demo proves nothing.
It apears to me that he begins strafing as he approaches the turn in the back hall in order to have the correct line of fire upon clearing the turn. Everyone should do that.
At no time does he place his crosshairs on anyone unseeable as he exits his base. He doesn't give recognition to enemies that are passing him by on alternate routes.

One or two rounds of play are NOT going to give conclusive evidence of someone hacking.
Demo as much as you can (a whole game or more). Be in FIRST PERSON view.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 10:46:15 AM »
Sure u begin strafing at the beginning of the hall and u'r looking at the wall all the time, i'm sorry im probably a noob but i look at the corner in case someone comes from that direction.
And for not aiming at someone, look at the second photo.
He even stops whe he sees the 2 persons near the flag and starts to walk when they go away.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 10:48:08 AM »
Yes you are a newb. That's why you think every single person in this game wallhacks, and why you yourself wallhacks. No one cares what you have to say.

PS - a screenshot can't show a wallhack.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 01:11:39 PM »
+1

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 01:29:37 PM »
Yes you are a newb. That's why you think every single person in this game wallhacks, and why you yourself wallhacks. No one cares what you have to say.

Thats why i posted a demo.
btw, i have more on him.

BSoD

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 01:39:15 PM »
You know what would be nice to prevent all this accusing (other then an anticheat)? How about a wallhack mode while viewing demos. Like open a menu and turn on wallhack / some sort of esp that way you can actually see if their hacking or just acting weird.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 02:30:39 PM »
Somehow I feel that would make the hackusations worse.  Plus I don't like the idea of having a wallhack built into the game for any purpose -- it would make it too easy for any newbie coder to just enable it during regular online play.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 02:34:47 PM »
that would be a good idea, except for the fact that when you view demos they are played off the textures and such you have installed in your pball directory, therefore you'd have to have a wallhack installed andrunning while viewingthe demo, so technically you could be accused of hacking if you're watching demos with a wallhack on.  The other way around it would be to integrate a 'wallhack demo view' into the game somewhere but that would mean that somewhere in the fules of the game there would have to be a wallahck wich would make everyone capable of obtaining a working one. not sure if that made sence but yeah your idea couldnt work.