Author Topic: Suicide Prevention.  (Read 2075 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Suicide Prevention.
« on: December 08, 2005, 05:25:36 PM »
This has been brought up in a few different threads.  Sometimes people will use very cheap tactics in order to prevent flag captures.  Whether it be jumping out of the base in siege, disconnecting, or other means of suicide.  I should probably add something in to prevent that.

Discuss.

BigT

• Stingray
Re: Suicide Prevention.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 05:37:32 PM »
A ref from a different clan or no clan at all that watches over the game  i say! Theres nothing else i can think of at the moment...

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 07:31:49 PM »
I killed myself on siege yesterday, the enemy got the flag and went down the stairs so i jumped down to cut him off and accidentally killed myself :P

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 07:39:04 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:00:52 PM by IronFist »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 07:42:48 PM »
A couple ideas I had: if there are no teammates left alive and the enemy has the flag, suicides become impossible -- you can jump out of the base in siege, your own paint grenades can't kill you, etc.  For people disconnecting -- maybe leave the round running for 10 or 20 seconds, or force-respawn an eliminated player.

burp

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 07:42:55 AM »
just give the team full points if the last one alive of the opponent team commits suicide.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 07:48:38 AM »
yeah just what i'd also say burp

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 10:25:54 AM »
That could be problematic for unintentional suicides.  For example, if the last person alive is defending the base and accidentally grenades himself just as somebody grabs the flag, the grabber probably shouldn't get full points.  Also "full points" depends on what the mapper specifies for the flags and bases.  A map could potentially have two bases with different point values.  Or just one base with a nonstandard value.  In either case, giving the carrier 5 points could be more or less than the carrier would normally get capturing the flag.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 05:07:19 PM »
A couple ideas I had: if there are no teammates left alive and the enemy has the flag, suicides become impossible -- you can jump out of the base in siege, your own paint grenades can't kill you, etc.  For people disconnecting -- maybe leave the round running for 10 or 20 seconds, or force-respawn an eliminated player.
"Please dont make me post my ideas. You wont like it when I post my ideas"- David Banner