Author Topic: iPod Help  (Read 1136 times)

eradicator

• Autococker
iPod Help
« on: May 27, 2008, 07:52:22 PM »
ok So my iPod has been giving me trouble latley so i went on the apple site and diagnosed it as a harddrive problem. so as i went to put it away i realized that it was frozen and wouldnt turn off. so instead of waiting for the battery to run out I decided to take off the back cover and unplug the battery wire. but as i was pulling the the back off my hand slipped and the cover came off fast and ripped the wire running from the battery to the head phone input. I plan to send my iPod into apple not under warranty. Do you think theyll still fix it for me even thoug it was a self-tampered accident?

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: iPod Help
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »
I bet if you wait you'll figure it out eventually and won't be bothered with hypotheticals.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »
Well i heard that if you send it off and YOU have opened the back cover then the warranty and been voided.  So if you have passed the warranty date and are willing to pay for it then they will most likely fix it, if you still have warranty on it they will not fix it because you took the cover off.  Also did you actually try to Reset to Factory Settings?  Sometimes that works if it freezes.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:58:39 AM »
i had a similar problem cause i updated the itunes...try to find a older version of itunes install it and put the cable on the computer...

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:52:09 AM »
it isn't the usb cable its a wire inside the ipod.
I restored it like five times and that isn't working so I'm just gonna send it in. I never had a warranty so I don't have to worry about it being voided.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »
uhh, call them and see how much its going to be.

You might be better off just buying a new ipod.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »
ohh that happens to me ALL THE TIME

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 01:33:13 AM »
ohh that happens to me ALL THE TIME

That's not good. I would expect it to only happen to anybody about every 2 years. Unless you mod your pod alot and mess with the firmware.