Author Topic: How do i make bases 4 cap and flags  (Read 3275 times)

RoBbIe

• Autococker
How do i make bases 4 cap and flags
« on: June 12, 2008, 06:35:18 AM »
i have made a flag but it wont show up and everytime i try 2 make a base it says it needs seed brushes how do i get seed brushes

Laged

• 68 Carbine
Re: How do i make bases 4 cap and flags
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:38:45 AM »
Robbie, you should have posted this on your other thread, don't always make a new thread.
Also, read the stickies before posting:

Step 16 - CTF Worldspawn Keys
Let's put some flags and bases in our map.  If you have trouble with this, you may want to open the provided sample.map which includes these entities.  First, let's give our map a name.  Hit ESC to deselect everything and "E" to bring up the entity window.  You should just see "classname" - "worldspawn".  Click the "+" button.  Add "message" and "Test CTF Map" for the key and value (without the quotes).  This will be displayed at the console when the map loads.

Now we need to specify the game mode and teams.  Press "+" again, and add "gamemode" "4".  A game mode of 4 tells paintball2 that this map supports CTF.  Now add the following key/values (without the quotes):
"maxteams" "2"
"team1" "red"
"team2" "blue"

This tells the game that the map supports 2 teams.  Team #1 is red, and team #2 is blue.  You can get more information on entities by visiting the docs page on digitalpaint.org or clicking the "?" next to the drop-down in BSP.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:39:36 AM »
If you don't start reading the stickies and putting all your questions in a single post or thread, I'm seriously going to temp ban you.  We don't need 7 threads for every little mapping problem you were too lazy to research.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
ok but how do i add the bases then? it wont cap for me

Laged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 02:34:12 PM »
Aah, robbie. Please. Read the stickies. They teach you how to do everything.

First make a brush covering the area you want the base to be. Make sure the brush is selected and press E. Click the arrow down(v).
Select "base" and click "Make ent."

After you've made the base make sure the brush (base) is selected. Press "+". You should see this:
Key: _______
Value: _________

In the white box next to "key" write teamnumber
In the white box next to "value" write 1 or 2.

EDIT: Soon you will be asking how to make the sky "work".

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=10624.0

http://arghrad.planetquake.gamespy.com/

I attached a map I made with help of the second link:

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »
Laged, point him to the stickies, let him get help in there because I'm sick of looking/seeing these threads.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
LoL i can make skys "work" already and this is y i hate posting questions bcause ppl dont answer them they yell at u and ty 4 answering them but i am new remember that i aint gonna no everything about makin maps

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 07:07:15 PM »
All of the answers to your questions are already in threads in this section.

If you would have taken the time to read the stickies and some of the posts, you wouldn't be asking a question EVERY TIME YOU WANTED TO DO SOMETHING.