Author Topic: Faking name: [0TB]Prlnce  (Read 5474 times)

rafalluz

• VM-68
Re: Faking name: [0TB]Prlnce
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 03:46:49 AM »
Hi terrorist,

I recommend you reconsider the method of banning him. I mean if you apply hostmask ban, you are also banning who-knows-how-many people who didn't do a thing. And I'm rather sure you don't want it that way. I had it once, some idiot used ZGH multihack and jitspoe (IIRC) applied the hostmask ban. However, he banned millions of people that way, so he had to take it off and ban offender not via IP. So I'd davise you to do the same. But it's up to you of course.

Regards.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 04:36:39 AM »
Why?

knack_jump is a good map for a jumpserver :P

I'm seeing my map is becoming popular!!

knack_jump http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14501.0;attach=5090

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 05:15:36 AM »
lol Rick

I was trying to figure out who made that.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 05:26:07 AM »
He made it for you in that thread that is locked, that win a jump server one.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 07:32:04 AM »
Hi terrorist,

I recommend you reconsider the method of banning him. I mean if you apply hostmask ban, you are also banning who-knows-how-many people who didn't do a thing. And I'm rather sure you don't want it that way. I had it once, some idiot used ZGH multihack and jitspoe (IIRC) applied the hostmask ban. However, he banned millions of people that way, so he had to take it off and ban offender not via IP. So I'd davise you to do the same. But it's up to you of course.

Regards.

Serveradmins can only ban ips. Thats a problem, if players have dynamic ips.
Maybe, if we have many many many many luck in 10-20 years jitspoe add this feature and it bans the login-id and the hardware ids for this login-id, then we have an option to ban one player with a dynamic ip :)