Author Topic: Help me wit my friend.YES i have searched it.  (Read 1274 times)

dak50

• PGP
Help me wit my friend.YES i have searched it.
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:30:01 PM »
O.K. My friend is having problems with his server. He has added maps to the rotation file and i sent them(the maps) to him and he put him in the right directory.But when i go to change the map as lvl 50 admin it says "the mapfile could not be found" PLEASE if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.(YES I HAVE SEARCHED IT AND NOTHING WORKS THAT I FOUND)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Help me wit my friend.YES i have searched it.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:09:57 PM »
1. did he put the maps i nteh map folder.
2. Give us the exact way how you are changing maps from teh console - type it out completely.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:24:35 AM »
well u have to first go 2 map rotation and add the maps that u want then u can change 2 em  =]

dak50

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 09:09:18 AM »
Knack and Robbie. I usually just type in for example: newmap shock and it works because i can see it in the rotation file.Then later he sent me the .txt file for it(the rotation file) so i could add maps to it.I added the maps to the file and sent him the maps that i had added(about 13 maps) with the .txt file(my rotation.txt). I made sure he had  the maps in the right directory and he did.Then he put the rotation file in the configs directory over the old one(old rotation file).But when i go to the game and type "maplist" some of the maps have appeared but most of the maps have not. I know he has the maps and all but i cant figure out wat is wrong.Thx in advance.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 10:55:10 AM »
 did you restart he server when you copied the new maplist file over?

Id there a ### at the end of the maplist.  It should be the last entry.