Author Topic: New Map: Minispeed 2  (Read 7294 times)

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Minispeed 2
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
Wow man.  I didn't even need to say the things you fixed.  Map looks great.  Hopefully it is 'final' quality.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »
Just play tested it on the beta server.  Seems to work pretty well.

Suggestions:
- Carbine on the far side of the box pile is hard to get.  By the time you grab it, people are already in your base.  I'd put it on the ground or on the closer side of the box pile, so you don't have to slowly jump down to grab it.
- Shore would look better with the transition grass texture.
- Not sure what it is, but it seems like in the area where you removed the steps, if you hit that shore ramp, you fly straight up instead of going forward like you do in most areas.  Could just be a glitch with the game physics.
- Sometimes I hit my head on the sky.
- Jail could stand to have some texture variation.  It's almost all that wood texture.
- The window at the corner near the base looks kind of weird - it's like it's paper thin with nothing supporting it.
- The steps in the jail should be made of cement or something instead of metal, or if you do metal, they should be like an angled I-beam or ]-beam with kind of [-shaped steps instead of solid.  They also need to be smaller.  The steps are like 1.7 feet (half a meter) tall.
- Not fond of the box light, either.  I'd just do a concrete ceiling with a fluorescent light.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 01:10:57 PM »
Final release, a mere 7 months after the last beta.

I removed the jails, as all they were cramped, pushing up the r_speeds and generally useless.

Also tweaked the carbines and other entities for reachability.

Mapshot and mapinfo files are included.

http://www.viciouz.co.uk/other/maps/minispeed2.zip

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 01:39:48 PM »
OMG POST SCREENIES!!!!!!

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 01:50:29 PM »
Why? It's basically the same as the original post, with screenshots. Just for you, I'll post the one I took of the latest version. It's been specially edited to make you feel nostalgic.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 02:29:45 PM »
:p

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 10:20:28 PM »
Wow!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 07:24:57 PM »
Hmm:

- White barrels are misaligned.
- Grass/dirt border looks really harsh (those are like the only textures that have transitions, so no excuses!)
- 4-16 players seems like a bit much in the mapinfo.  It should probably be more of a 0-8 player map, maybe 10, tops.
- r_speeds are still really high, but I'm not sure what you can do about that without a major restructure.