Author Topic: I have a problem with BSP.  (Read 2252 times)

Wyze

• Stingray
I have a problem with BSP.
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »
I have a pretty big problem on my map. I was working on it for about 2 weeks making half a side. Then when i copy pasted it, something went wrong.  Also, when I do the leak test on my map it shows that there is a leak that is not even touching my map. Now when I export it to test it out on paintball. It has those hall of mirrors where sometimes the texture isn't there, but I am 100% sure my map has no leaks.

Wyze
P.S. Do you know what I am talking about when I say the purple box in BSP. Can your map go out of that box?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: I have a problem with BSP.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »
Map can't go out of the purple box. And the leak doesn't touch your map by nature, it goes through all the gaps. Any chance of some screenshots of the map in BSP? They would probably help work out what is going on.

Wyze

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »
Dam can't go out of the box! Is there a way to make the purple box bigger? Ok, but about the leak fix, it's about 10 squares away from anything. Any help?

Wyze
P.S. It's a no o about pictures because I have no idea how to take a screenshot when in BSP.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »
Assuming you use a PC, you should have a print screen key on the upper right corner of your keyboard. Press it, go to any photo-editting software (Paint works fine) and paste.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 09:24:41 AM »
You have an entity outside your map? That will cause your map leak, even when you have no gaps/holes in it.

Wyze

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 12:21:08 PM »
I did have an entity outside of my map, but i fixed that and it still is messed up. And why would I want to go to paint and print?

Wyze

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
... so you have a screenshot to post here so we can try and tell what is going on.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 01:45:58 PM »
you can PM me the .map file and i can take a look at it when i have time, if you want.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
I did have an entity outside of my map, but i fixed that and it still is messed up. And why would I want to go to paint and print?

Wyze

What the "Print Screen" key does on your keyboard, is take a screenshot of your entire screen, whatever you can see, including the taskbar, windows, everything. The screenshot works like a "Copy" does if you right click a picture in an internet browser, so when you go to Paint and "Paste", your copied (otherwise print-screened) picture appears. Then you can just save your picture and upload it

Wyze

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 10:44:54 AM »
Ahh nevermind it's just my luck the my computer crashed and i lost everything! Thanks for anyone who tried.

Wyze