Author Topic: Feature: Ragdoll death animation / Decent physics engine  (Read 21766 times)

mewa

• 68 Carbine
Re: Feature: Ragdoll death animation / Decent physics engine
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 05:57:26 PM »
thread revival.

eiii, this excrement is insane. you actually want a huge chunk of the limited man hours to go towards amusing deaths? are you trying to slowly bleed this game. let the man focus on some real, accomplishable tasks, that might actually affect the game in a positive motion. if this excrement actually went through (which it obviously isn't) it would mean what to the game? a chuckle here and there? waste.

if you want amusing deaths use the old models. ragdoll deaths already incorporated into the game.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »
Thread revival indeed.

ragdoll deaths already incorporated into the game.
What game are you playing? o_O

In any case, I don't think this is a priority at all. This whole thread was about how things should be implemented, not why this needs to get implemented first. But, I mean, look at some of the things above this on the feature vote list. 'Clan logos on jerseys'... 'female player model'... 'kill-cam' (which could be useful, admittedly). You really cannot just choose to single out this feature (or me for that matter). Speaking of pointless endeavors, you're putting some effort into helping out with the new sound recordings, yes? What would that mean for the game? A few audiophiles wet their pants? waste.
sound already incorporated into the game.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2009, 02:19:59 AM »
nice rage post. don't get too worked up with your imagination and paranoia factor. my post was not a rip on you, so calm down there bronco.

as for the sounds, they do need to be redone since they're almost all poorly done in the first place. secondly, people complain about the gun sounds constantly (hell, I'm even gettin ragged on now just from the forum association with the sounds), you might not have known this since it seems you enter the game about every 6 months and probably rarely associate with anyone that plays. lastly, and most importantly, it's about the sole thing that i can offer some skilled labor on and releave jitspoe to focus on things he's better at.

stop twiddling with your dik writing forum posts and step the intercourse up to do something. until then maybe its best you just sat the fuk down.

have a nice day.

user banned for this post.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 05:08:58 AM by KnacK »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 02:40:07 AM »
eiii, this excrement is insane. you actually want a huge chunk of the limited man hours to go towards amusing deaths? are you trying to slowly bleed this game.
nice rage post... my post was not a rip on you, so calm down there bronco.
*blink*

Alright, let's review:
New high quality sounds: 100% required. The old ones suck hardcore, and everyone knows it.
Any mention of ragdoll effects: The dumbest thing ever. Will essentially cause the DP2 Armageddon.

Clearly, since I started a discussion on the topic a few months back I'm actively doing whatever I can to destroy this game. The game is up. I've been caught. Good show, sir.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 07:06:37 AM »
yea as for this wouldnt props like the barrels could ruin some maps like that barrel map by jackal... people would just run right through all the barrels mapper made.. and the maps that have beams made of barrels.. like the idea just i think it has more cons then pros

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »
yea as for this wouldnt props like the barrels could ruin some maps like that barrel map by jackal... people would just run right through all the barrels mapper made.. and the maps that have beams made of barrels.. like the idea just i think it has more cons then pros
Heh, that's not the idea here. The way I see it implemented, none of the gameplay physics would change. What would have to be implemented would be another, more advanced physics engine to make the player model flop around post-death. And once you've got that, it'd be a snap (comparatively) to implement mapper-defined client side physics props that you can knock around. Of course, it'd probably be a huge pain to get any physics engine to work with a Q2 BSP, but it'd still be a nice effect :D