Author Topic: samsung syncmaster lcd  (Read 4465 times)

blaa

• Autococker
samsung syncmaster lcd
« on: January 29, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
 So, i have this monitor.

At first everything was normal, but after a few weeks of use, some problems started to occur (dunno rly if they are problems, read further).

Every time I let the comp to be idle, and then return to comp after few hours, the monitor didnt react at all, for few minutes. Then it started blinking, and returned to normal after few seconds.

Then, yesterday, i was watching office from comp. Then episode finished, and i went out. Returned after 4 hours. The screen stayed blank after i moved the mouse, like usually. So i went to kitchen, made myself a coffe, and a sandwitch and came back to comp. This time wouldve been enough for the monitor to start showing something, but this time it didnt work.

Decided to wait. Waited some, then moved mouse again. Did that for 30-40 min. Then decided to make a restart.  Didnt help. Went to bed.

In the morning, same story.

Currently comp and monitor are connected with CRT cable. But both have some other slots, dunno how u call them, but they look like: ::::  :::::  -
Decided to switch from crt to cable. Didnt work.

SO I tried another monitor. Booted up, and everything worked. Although, at start the screen didnt make any sense. Colored lines everywhere, but when it got to Welcome message, everything was fine.

So, basically the monitor is intercoursed, eh?

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: samsung syncmaster lcd
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:15:09 AM »
sounds like it.

I always turn mine off whenever I leave for anything, and they have lasted for 4 years so far. The comp stay's on 24x7, but monitors off when not in use.
At our photography studio, we keep the monitors on all the time 24x7, and they die (get dark and blink/black) usually every 6 months.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »
 At work we have the same monitors (smaller), and they are on as well. And they dont have that wait time.

And I turn my monitor off as well, from button. Only some times I forget it. I have had it for a few months.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:12:04 AM »
i don't know about where your at, but here it means send it in under warranty for a replacement then  :)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 11:13:17 AM »
 No warranty. I stole it from work.

Actually I just got it from IT dude who does all the IT stuff for my family and stuff.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 05:40:05 PM »
The "CRT" cable is VGA.  The other cable is DVI.  If you have a DVI output on your computer, you'll want to use the DVI cable (which I guess is what you did?  Didn't really make sense from your description).  If it doesn't work with either cable, there's probably something wrong with the monitor itself.  Not sure what you can do about it, though, aside from an RMA.