Author Topic: OpenGL Video Card  (Read 1317 times)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
OpenGL Video Card
« on: March 19, 2009, 05:23:43 PM »
My friend was "trying" to screw up my computer..I guess he disabled my graphics card?

What he did: Right clicked on desktop, went to properties>settings>advanced>adapter>properties.
Then he switched:
"use this device (enable)"
to
"do not use this device (disbale)"
Only reason I'm posting this in help instead of other stuff is because I cannot access paintball. It says:

"Error during initialization. Make sure you have an OpenGL capable video card and that the latest drivers are installed."

That's the only thing he did, and well I put it back to enable, but this still has the same problem. Anyone's help would be lovely

lilb990

• Autococker
Re: Hmm..
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 05:24:26 PM »
Try re-installing dp.

Spook

• Autococker
Re: OpenGL Video Card
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
He may have done more than that, he could have uninstalled your graphics card drivers. Basically if you're using vista (not too sure on XP) go to device manager, right click your video card, and "update driver software." What is should do is search the internet for your drivers.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »
Make sure hardware acceleration is enabled as well - don't remember where that setting is, exactly.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 05:45:16 PM »
After you get that KnacK helped me out after and gave me this http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html which is something to help out your video card makes my dp quality alot better :D

THANKS KNACK!

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »
Re-installed Paintball, still nothing. Anyone know how to get to my hardware acceleration?
Spook: Not using Vista. I found device manager but not sure what to do from there as here are the folders I see:

Loc
custom.dl
dpinst64.exe
dpinst.exe
msgrdvmn.exe
WLPhoneCV.cat
WLPhoneCV.inf

Don't think its the last two. I clicked dpinst.exe and it brought me to the device driver installatiion wizard.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 05:58:42 PM »
Try going to control panel>add hardware to see if it does not recognize your video card as installed.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »
Try going to control panel>add hardware to see if it does not recognize your video card as installed.

It was disabled even though I enabled it. Guess I had to have the troubleshoot do it. Problem solved. Many thanks Spook :P