Author Topic: is my Alpha biuld 25 ligit?  (Read 1514 times)

Chewbacca

• Stingray
is my Alpha biuld 25 ligit?
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:27:47 PM »
hey all, i downloaded alpha 25 from here a bit ago
ftp://www.otb-server.de/pub/Game/

no big dif from alpha 23 or 24, it runs a bit better on some things, but theres none of the thing i'd seen jit saying he had in the beta like a clock thingy, the only thing difrent is on the botom right it says biuld 25 and not 24 soo.

the only bug i found is cinda a biggie, about only half the time my paint gun seems to work, i mean i can always see paintball being shot from it but they never hit anything, i even tryd camping and lining and even just shooting at the wall, but only half the time they shoot, i'm gona downgrade back to 23 or 24, if it will let me, i know it woulnt let me downgrade to 16 ( my faveret one :( )

i'v been playing for a bit over a year now, but never needed to rec a demo, but if somone will tell me how i will befor i downgrade. if not whatever, i just wanted to know if this is a hacked version or somthing??

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: is my Alpha biuld 25 ligit?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 01:21:24 AM »
Build 25 is a legit version.  There are a few bugs with it, and it is for this reason that the link on the downloads page has not been updated.  Build 26 will be the 'bugfix' build, and will most likely be posted on the downloads page.

Also:
Official Build 25 Thread

Chewbacca

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:26:50 AM »
yah i know it would have bugs, thats the only one i'v ran into thu so not to bad i ges, it does run a bit smother with logging in to my GLA.

Alrighty thanks bro.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:10:34 AM »
Take a look at the readme file to see all the new cvars that come with the build.  You should see the clock among other things.

Chewbacca

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:51:19 AM »
OKay, i re-instaled biuld 25, seemed to have fixxed the not shooting thingy, it seems to me now to be working better then biuld 23-24 did for me.

copy-past from read-me

WHAT'S NEW:

build025 (2009-01-28):
- Cvar: "cl_swearfilter" - if set to 1, chat text containing blocked words will not display.  If set to 2, blocked words will be ***'d out. (Thanks: ViciouZ)
- Cvar: "cl_blockedwords" - comma separated list of words to filter if cl_swearfilter is set. (Thanks: ViciouZ)
- Feature: Started on surface specific footstep sounds.  Snow textures and w_metal1 will make a new stepping sound.  6:39 PM 1/20/2009
- Feature: "localstats" will print cumulative kill/death/grab/cap statistics. (Thanks: ViciouZ)
- Feature: OGG Vorbis music support.  Put some .ogg files in paintball2/pball/music to test it out. (Thanks: QuDos, ViciouZ)
- Feature: "menu_reload" command for advanced menu features (Thanks: Zorchenhimer)
- Feature: Password dialog for connecting to passworded servers. (Thanks: Zorchenhimer, ViciouZ)
- Feature: Password support for paintball2:// hyperlinks: paintball2://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx?serverpass (Thanks: ViciouZ)
- Tweak: Made the same footstep sound not play twice (or more) in a row, as that sounds weird. 1:37 AM 11/8/2008
- Media: More new recordings (several guns, smoke grenade, snow footsteps)

nice

Chewbacca

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:55:19 AM »
"- Feature: OGG Vorbis music support.  Put some .ogg files in paintball2/pball/music to test it out. (Thanks: QuDos, ViciouZ)"

do i have to make the music file? i cant find it.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »
Yes, unless jitspoe made a /music folder, you will have to create it.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »
gg V, Z, and Q for the additions.