Author Topic: Extreme dates  (Read 2018 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Extreme dates
« on: January 29, 2006, 09:01:16 PM »
Being able to schedule matches is great, but there should probably be something in there to keep people from entering extreme challenge dates.  I just got a challenge for Dec. 31st.

Also, out of curiosity, if I were to accept it, and both of us forgot about it -- what would happen?  And what happens if somebody schedules a date then goes into hibernation before the date of the match?  Is there a way to mutually cancel a match if it's been accepted?

Sorry, I've been gone this weekend and haven't had a chance to actually compete yet, so  most of these questions probably have obvious answers once you've actually played.

SkateR

• Autococker
Re: Extreme dates
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 09:21:28 PM »
I've seen a couple people now be challenged on dates like that..I think the challenger just made a mistake.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:08:22 PM »
Oh, a question along those lines: Is it possible to retract a challenge if you do make a mistake?  What if it's already be accepted?

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 10:45:56 PM »
I'll impose a limit on the maximum date ahead that you can challenge.
You can retract challenges until the other player has accepted it, once he's accepted it your best bet is talking to an admin.
Also was it Dec 31 2005/2006 or Dec 31 1969?  There may have been an error that I fixed since you've registered.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 11:59:10 PM »
That's the other problem.  It just says "Dec 31 19:00"  No year.

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 05:52:04 AM »
Yeah, the time on that must be '0' instead of a real unix time.  We were having a problem when there was multiple rounds of tie map selection, it wasn't writing the selected match time to the database.  I'll look into the actual database entry in a little while.