Author Topic: download for build 21?  (Read 3376 times)

RoBbIe

• Autococker
Re: download for build 21?
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 06:38:36 PM »
Yea But eventually you have to get use to sounds because servers are going to require higher builds =D especially if we get brand new models for everything

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »
You can just use the old sounds still. Right when the new sounds came out i got a 'sound pack' from some post by some german. If banning people for old sounds is the next big deal, i am intercoursed.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »
I too use older sounds. I just save a directory of old sounds (b20?,guns) I've cleaned up a bit. Then when I install a new version, I just replace the respective folder. It's not like it's hidden or complicated.

Although my sounds are modified stock, it's for sounds quality purposes only. In fact, I'm racking to figure out how sounds could be used to an advantage. About the best thing you could do would be within the code itself, which is obviously restricted. Manipulation of the files wouldn't gain you any more advantage than they offer so far, as much as I can tell. I wouldn't worry about a run of sound modifiers in the "Cheater Reports and Bans" section.

If you're interested in the development of the sound files you can watch this slow moving and sporadic thread, http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15019.0;topicseen, of which I enjoy participating. Most of posts are based around the "why" of the idea that many old sounds are preferred. Please try not to post unless you've got something productive to say, and not "I don't like the new sounds!". As contradictory as this seems to my other recent threads, I'd prefer to have this thread stay focused on very relevant applicable post's, and definitely not have it locked from silly statements.

If you still need some older sounds, pm me and I'll send you the directory (despite how much you annoy the crap outta me on irc....).

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »
older sounds ftw i still use em

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 03:50:53 PM »