Author Topic: MMO top lists. why not?  (Read 5282 times)

IronFist

• Autococker
Re: MMO top lists. why not?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »
still though, fake it man.

I suggest partnering with botnet operators to deploy DP on a massive scale. Sure, not everybody will continue to play it, but we can boost the install base for only a few cents a head. Let's do this, man!

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 09:37:29 PM »
Besides that, "MMO" is often used as an abbreviation of MMORPG.
wrong, MMO can be just MMO or MMOFPS wich is DP PB2 MMORTS and others.

You misread what I had typed.  I said usually, not always.

Regardless, DP is not an MMO.

Chewbacca

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »
LOL i understood and corected what i said to say DP PB2 is just Miltiplayer online, and then i said, fake it. Jit, if you read this, what do you think man?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »
Why not put up some banners? It's not an MMO due to the lack of advertising. Also when people download dp, they have zero idea what mIRC is. So maybe also add that into the downloads page and describe abit what it is. But putting up banners would just increase the amount of players. But right now dp is really hurting in the matching scene, and needs more players.

Chewbacca

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 04:36:17 PM »
I'l get towork tonight makeing some banners, i can make some simple gif animated ones use'n GIMP,

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »
Myers, you don't get it.  DP is not an MMO, no matter how many people are online at one time.  They are all connected to different servers.  Same thing goes with Left 4 Dead.  As of writing this there are 27,028 people playing L4D, however, L4D is also not an MMO.

Chewbacca

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »
Zorch, it dont matter dude, we arnt trying to figer what it is or what it ant, we are just talking about ways to get advertisment out there for the game, you have made your point, we get it.

DP PB2 may not be an MMO but it is an MO and you can still put it up on top lists, and look at this site

http://www.freemmogamer.com/2008/09/best-free-fps-shooter-mmofps-list.html

alot of the games there run them on alot of difrent servers.

Chewbacca

• Stingray
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »
heres a quick banner i threw together using screenshots from the screenshots page on this site just to get a feel for what the banner would could look like.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 06:51:16 PM »
MMO has to be in one server? Okay, well even if it can't become an MMO, putting out some banners would help advertise the game. So maybe instead of trying to make it an MMO, try to make it a known game? More active? Get the name out there?

EDIT: Saw your post chewbacca, and i would say to use new models, not the old ones. The new ones are more appealing.

Chewbacca

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 07:41:03 PM »
Yah i know they are, thats just a mock up i made. gona play the game in a bit and get some screenshots with the hires HR4 textures and new models

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »
I have nothing against promoting this game, in fact I support that.  However, you cannot claim that this game is something it's not by posting it up on MMO lists.

As for the banners, they are a good idea if you can find a place to put them.  If I find a good one, there is a good chance that I'll put it up on my site (not that anyone goes there in the first place, but whatever :P ).

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 03:24:14 AM »
botnet. +1