Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:46:42 AM by P!nk »

XtremeBain

• Autococker
Re: An Entertaining 1vs1 Story -with feedback
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 08:18:57 PM »
Hi P!nk,
Thanks for all your feedback.

-Have servers that are compatible with multiple countries based on location. Or if that is not possible; make a way to even out the disadvantage one player has under another due to lag. For an American and German, the American could play their map on an American server, and vice versa for the German. For ties it could have a randomly chosen server between the two to keep it fair.
This has been the plan since day one, just a matter of coordinating the setup of the servers and integrating a server location selection into the existing webpage, but due to the robustness of the site it can handle server moves and changes rather well, just need to create the location selection options.

-Allow maps that have been previously arranged to be changed. This could be arranged only if both people agree on a new map besides the one(s) they had previously set.
I honestly thinks that this breaks the challenge process because I think that if ComaBull challenges me and has selected pbcup as his map choice already, I'm less likely to choose pbcup as a selection for a tiebreaker map.  Now the challenge goes through and rally is selected as tie I won't enjoy playing it twice in a row and may have chosen my map or a tie selection a little more wiser knowing that he'd be playing rally instead of pbcup.  Also this sort of flexibility leaves the system open bad map reporting(if we don't force maps to match up in the server logs and in the original challenge).  I don't think any changes will be made in this regard.

-Have all demos watched to ensure that forfeits are true and that a newer player has not been forfeited even after the match happend and the winner was decided. We also noted that someone could match themselves over and over or use proxies in order to move up the ladder in a cheapstake fashion. Demo watching could eliminate these problems because most people aren't going to take the time to make the matches look real.
It's important to note that not all demos get watched.  A select view have been watched randomly as samples, and a few have been watched due to complaints that have been received.  If a match has been mis-forfeited than you can simply notify an Admin on IRC(web form coming soon) to have the match investigated and if people are abusing the forfeit function, they will be penalized.

-I'm not sure how it works, but when it placed the results before all of the proof of the match had been submitted, it seemed rather strange. So perhaps the results could be placed after the match was completely finished with all of the demos/sshots submitted. Otherwise some people might not go to the trouble to post them.
To my knowledge once you've submitted the match results you can no longer report the match results a second time(as such there would be no forfeit form available elsewhere).  If this isn't the case send me a PM with the details so that I can test it out.

Hope this answered your questions, I'm just rushing out the door from work so I may have been a little brief.  Let me know if you have any more thoughts or need clarification.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 08:51:48 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:46:30 AM by P!nk »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 10:07:02 PM »
I agree with bain that the maps should stay chosen beforehand.  Trying to pick maps while on the server is a pain in the butt.  I've suffered through this in many clan matches, especially for tie breakers.  Hopefully pbcup will get people out of that mentality and improve matches in general.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 11:23:52 AM »
Agent wasn't over yet though. He matched yet another fellow. The guy accepted the match but was 5 minutes late, Agent forfeited him. I wish the newer people would have a couple minutes longer than the assigned time to show up, they could not know that a forfeit could be placed if they aren't there the very second it starts. Which could be right away if they chose the closest one, which is usually 5 minutes away. This led me to wonder of other negative effects of forfeiting.
In fact, Germans dislike Agent (aka Tigger in this case here), but the stuff he's doing in PBCup are freaking stupid.
The two forfeit losses he gained where against a player called "M0nkey". This nick, "M0nkey", is one of his nicks (although he called himsefl "M0nkeyKiller")!

A question to XtremeBain now: I think we have a case of multi-accounting here?! Think about it and check the IPs, if possible.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 05:07:06 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:45:55 AM by P!nk »

Alpha

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 06:53:33 AM »
Lol!Of course we all hate him...he did so much sh** in the last time...hes annoying the whole dpb scene...he wanted to get all memis and dops banned from the dp-servers,but he didnt make it...But:He challenged memi(I've got a screenshot,but it's in German):"If anybody of memi can beat me,I'll stop playing dp!"
OK, I guess we are going to get moshed to do this job!
Rofl!

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 07:12:36 AM »
@Pink: Even it its not agent himself , getting his friends (e.g. monkey and suga ) to sign up a ladder, and let them forfeit or loose is acutally the same like multi accounting.

Thats my persona oppinion on that.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 08:00:04 AM »
Even it its not agent himself , getting his friends (e.g. monkey and suga ) to sign up a ladder, and let them forfeit or loose is acutally the same like multi accounting.
Agreed.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 12:05:38 PM »
So challenge him and kill his record.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »
He can reject challenges if someone is 10 ranks under him...

But im goona fight to get near to him, then i  PWWWWN him so hard.gg.

Alpha

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 02:55:21 PM »
@Pink: Even it its not agent himself , getting his friends (e.g. monkey and suga ) to sign up a ladder, and let them forfeit or loose is acutally the same like multi accounting.

Thats my persona oppinion on that.

hmm...do so...but what if he get one friend of his for playing that mr.monkeys part?this maybe would be a problem but...nvm