Poll

Should we have the committee prioritize certain issues?

Yes, hackusations first
25 (69.4%)
Yes, multi's first
4 (11.1%)
No
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Prioritizing Committee Issues  (Read 4565 times)

Bix

• Autococker
Prioritizing Committee Issues
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »
Basically the point of this is to question find and maybe refine what the committee is actually doing. I don't really care about multi accounts. The only reason I reported 'script' was because I thought it was Impactz. Impactz leaves, 5 mins later script comes in (who is clearly a multi) and has relatively the same ping. Anyways I don't really give a excrement about multi accounts yet this seems where the committee is putting 95% of their effort.

I was talking to Cameron last night about the new thread about Annal and Leg hacking. Only to find out

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16033.0

was NEVER reported to the committee. You report someone and it takes months to get the ban out there. Look at it this way. Annal was hacking BEFORE i reported him, he clearly is still hacking via the new thread that was made, and probably is STILL hacking. Then starting about right now it will be another two months before he is banned. Guy hacks for 5 months to get a 1 month ban, sick.

All I am saying is that the committee should put some more effort into the hacking cases. If people are inactive and this is the reason for being slow then they should resign / be replaced. I also thought we already clarified this with another thread i made, that the inactive committee members will be replaced. But, nothing has been done.

If jitspoe is holding off banning all the modded map people, well that is his deal. It just seems lame to not ban those people who are cheating and allow them to continue to cheat while the committee deals with 500 multi accounts a day.

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: Prioritizing Committee Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:34:05 AM »
How would we prioritize anything? Does posting in multiple accounts threads prevent us from posting in 'hackusations' threads? Do you know how the committee handles things at all? You should ask that too.

As for replacing the inactive members, you are absolutly right. Some of us (including me) should be replaced as soon as possible. But have this in mind: The new committe won't be more efective than the current. Everything will be just the same.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:47:53 AM »
The whole logic is that nothing gets done. Maybe if you prioritize it, something will get done.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:55:06 AM »
I dont know if the committe always makes the right decisions

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »
I dont know if the committe always makes the right decisions
That would mean the committee was perfect. And as you know perfection is unreachable. If you are talking about your case though, it was the right decision.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »
yap it was the right decision to give me 16 days cuz I was looking around for hackers with a different name. Cuz its harder to find them when everyone on the pubk nows a famous name. Its much easier. I know and its also easy to report hisslef after 20min. but u did a great job

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 12:50:37 PM »
but u did a great job
we take the compliment. Now we'll keep this thread on topic.

I say hacking should be priority, since it is altering the game for wrongful advantage.

mag is semi right tho about not really being able to prioritize stuff, since its mostly about the availability of the committee members to view the issues. And its hard to get a number of people online within the time periods people would expect bans.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »
yap it was the right decision to give me 16 days cuz I was looking around for hackers with a different name. Cuz its harder to find them when everyone on the pubk nows a famous name. Its much easier. I know and its also easy to report hisslef after 20min. but u did a great job
TIP: you can use any name you want on pub servers. no need to create another account.

But you are not stupid, you knew that. You just went ahead and created a clan with your 2 mates (who also created another account). We are not stupid mosez. You needed another clan to catch cheaters?

Also you got 16 days because you got REPORTED (the three of you actually), you didnt came up with it. Jesus someone just create another committee because I'm tired of all these meddling liers thinking we are stupid.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
Hackers should definitely be the priority they do the most damage to the game. Banning muliple accounts are important too but stuff like wallhacks, aimbots, and modded maps should come first. Maybe in the committee forum there could be a priority section and all of the hacks should go into it. For bix's thread that never got reported, every hack thread needs to be looked into not sure why it wasnt. Inactive comittee members should be replaced.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
byebye leet :D

Now, getting things done relies on people being active on the committee.  With the next committee, I hope that however its done, it is not popularity or any of that excrement, but people that are quite active, doesn't matter if just on the forums or in the game, but get things done, and have spare time to do so.  As for prioritizing, I wouldn't mind to see a separate board for hacking issues, as people seem to want action made to those quicker.  I noticed when this committee started, we were quite active, but as time progressed, people just starting being inactive.  The next committee needs to be active like we started as, but continuously keep being that active, not slack off.

And one last thing.  Don't lie to us.  If you lie, it takes us longer.  If you don't lie, it moves faster.  I would like to see a longer ban time for lying as well, since you are just wasting our time.

And I voted hackusations first, as it may help to clean up the game.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »
No one said you were stupid Maga.

I don't really know how much the committee will do once Jitspoe releases and proves to DP that he can detect modded maps. Ratbots are really the only thing left, and as we have seen they are not that useful. IE epic's case where people were like 'he cant be ratbotting because he isn't even positive!'. So the new committee will probably enjoy multi accounts and ratbots all day.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 05:11:38 PM »
We already have about 8-9 pages (maybe) of unresolved multiple accounts :P.  When modded maps are detectable, I honestly can't wait to see the list :P

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 05:17:44 PM »
Why cant we just do something where hardware only allows you to make one account?

IMO dplogin is dumb, let people alias.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »
Why cant we just do something where hardware only allows you to make one account?

Yeah and then if a second person tries to make another account it sends like some sort of message or some alert to jitspoe saying look this person is trying to multi. Or thinking in the future should have everyone's name down and by there name how many accounts they have right now, but that would take loads of time and probably jitspoe doesn't have the time to put that.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »
I think Multiple accounts are just as needed to be taken care of as hacking. Maybe instead of putting the hacks in front of the multiple accounts, have two different sections, one for multiple accounts and one for hacking, with the threads that have been unresolved and posted the longest time ago first.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 09:51:38 PM »

So you can match with every clan but yours?

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
Yes, and play oddjob all day.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 11:42:21 PM »
At least I don't have to have it deleted from the server.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 06:36:39 AM »
I dont get why it takes so long for people to get banned. Don't answer 'cause everyone has to vote' Cause practically every committee member pm'd me and i'm still waiting here for my ban to show up. Don't understand what the delay is. Even bix knows about it! He's already hurted ma feelinz rly bad.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 09:14:25 AM »
As you know MyeRs, we are trying to find out if you deserve a 32 or a 32+16 days ban.