Author Topic: yeaH.  (Read 3972 times)

Michael_Fornal

• VM-68
yeaH.
« on: May 29, 2002, 01:54:31 PM »
When we go to 2.0, everything should reset and we should have captains to clans and have a huge draft two weeks after the release, so all clans are even and everything is neat and interesting.

That'd be cool.

Sum-1

• PGP
Re: yeaH.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 06:20:44 PM »
You smell like asparagus.

Razor

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 09:44:14 AM »
The people will get pissed if they aren't first round draft picks and asked to be traded before the day is over for $9 million.

/me gets ready for the DP Draft!

Crazyguy

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 01:41:16 PM »
in theory that would be a good idea forn, but it wouldnt work out.

Razor

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 03:28:02 PM »
Could do like player trades.

Take cg for mf and a 2nd round pick. :)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 05:21:03 PM »
I'm thinking it would only work if there was some sort of "currency" involved, so that players weren't playing for free.  Salary caps would be in place for teams.  Setup a site that could take care of invididual players and teams so that salaries could be awarded to players who would in turn exchange them for something lke @eR33t.com E-mail addresses, or perhaps something people would actually want.  But without any sort of reward, players won't use it, even if it does bring fun to the community for others.  Also player transfers, performance bonuses, all that good stuff that makes up professional sports could be implemented.  Problem with this is that players might not be keen on it(fornal isn't getting my eR33t guys ;]), and a committee would definately need to be formed in order to govern the system.

Anyways let me know what you think, a few others and I have brainstormed the topic before, and it would work out great if the community could work together and co-operate.

-XBain

Shreds

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2002, 07:55:20 AM »
whats 2.0?

Sum-1

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2002, 10:54:44 PM »
Stand-alone DP

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2002, 02:07:28 AM »
There definately needs to be some kind of comittee or SOMETHING to organize the clan activity.  What would be cool for keeping track of rankings is a page where clan leaders could log into and post the match info (date, scores, etc), then there would actually be a valid wins/losses records, as well as a method to cut down on the "5-minute" clans (well, more like 40-minute clans).  Teams would have to enter their losses for another clan to get a win, and disputes could be settled with a comittee (clans proven to be cheating during the match would be penalized, etc).  There needs to be a definite set of rules for matches (I personally think ffire and locked team chasecam should be on during matches).

... in short, the clan scene needs some organization!

Michael_Fornal

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2002, 02:26:43 AM »
Wow, I was pretty much kinda joking on the thread, but xbain's idea is pretty neat.  neat enough to make my boxers have slightly less room in them than they did before I read it.

Crazyguy

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2002, 11:33:08 AM »
neat.  neat enough to make my boxers have slightly less room in them than they did before I read it.

kinda like when i come over for dinner?

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2002, 05:15:12 PM »
I thought about dp money... I was thinking a IRC DCC interface, but web would also be nice. Prob is I don't know anything to do that, except to program a mini-http server which I really don't feel like doing. and BTW my main comp just died (thank you femboot, but now I have lost the battle...I'll pay some dorks to diagnose it, I'm really depressed :/ ).

psst - xbain...leet php skillz and whatever ghey mirc scripting you know! ;)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 02:05:19 AM »
such a good idea
and they have to post screenshots of the match if they win/lose

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 04:10:39 AM »
out of topic but one way we can have money used in dp is for custom suits with player name and number. only sold by dpball.com and exploiters would be treated same as hackers. have a generic suit just put the name and number or if custom graphics they would pay extra. 15 for graphics and name an number or 5 for name. new built more money to dp easier to improve dp with more money

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 11:36:14 AM »
wowwww, grave dig much?