Author Topic: kalfield_beta1  (Read 1560 times)

KalTorak

• PGP
kalfield_beta1
« on: February 07, 2006, 11:16:43 PM »

kalfield_beta1 - have fun and enjoy  ;D - KalTorak

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:51:13 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:44:15 AM by P!nk »

KalTorak

• PGP
Re: kalfield_beta1
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 12:08:35 AM »
word P!nk the "natural wallhacks" are definitely a nuisance -- it'd be pretty easy to prevent people from going up there by clipping it off, but its fun to hide in the ceiling; we've all done it, c'mon admit it :)

in future releases ill try to clip off areas like the one in the pic so people can't be homo and hack, but at the same time I'd like to keep some places accessable so people can still have a lil fun  :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 01:06:19 AM »
Most of the lights on the blue side are misaligned.  The map is rather blocky and disproportionate (railings are almost 2 feet thick, for example), and there's only 1 path.  This map is plagued with the low quality standards of the past.  Sorry for the harsh words, but I think you could make a really nice map if you took the time to sit down and really work on it instead of whipping out 10-20 mediocre maps that never get past the beta stage.

KalTorak

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 01:53:48 AM »
word jit -- not harsh just the truth.  this map in particular i was gonna do completely different but i just wanted something to play real quick.  these are mostly tests to see what works and what doesn't.  my next project is going to take some time i just wanted to release some tidbits so people don't think i've gone away for a while =]  i'm down for making a map based completely off realistic proportions/objects and i know for a fact it's what's coming next.  i know i should've done this a long time ago, but now that i feel real comfortable with BSP i can really let my imagination run wild =]  no more blocky boxy mediocre maps.  you'll see =]

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 07:53:52 PM »
Well looks good, gotta go try it out =)