Author Topic: _  (Read 13414 times)

Reed

• VM-68
Re: Sticky: Tentative 4on4 maplist released
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »
Not to be rude, Reed, but your posts are very hard to read and understand in the manner you have gone about writing them. They flip from one topic to the next. Perhaps you should make a new thread with a voting feature and leave this thread alone, it would help others out if they want to post their opinion on the maps but are afraid of getting in the flame. This is my last post, you're doing exactly what my friends have predicted, sad yet true, every argument you make is having no effect.

I don't edit posts unless it's for a good reason, if this is directed at DT, why don't you go to him and do it privately if you're intentions are what you say.

Im Not Arguing With Anyone, lol. Obviously DT Is Your Friend, And I Expect You To Be Bias In your Opinions. The Truth Is You Made An Assumption Based On Sketchy Information. You Said We Came On Here To Provoke Taco And Called Us Sad. We DID NOT Do That, I Only Got Involved When Taco Bad Mouthed Our Clan For No Reason.

You Can Call Us Sad All You Want, But You Have No Grounds To Do So, And Again, You Havnt Fully Understood My Post, If Its Hard To Read Then Im Sorry, But Please Dont Comment On It When You Dont Understand.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:59:10 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2006, 01:12:46 PM »
Well, however the maps are "good" or "bad", you have to play them if you want to paly on pbcup.

BUT: Dirtytaco think its important to say that its not er33´ts cup...so i ask u:Why has every er33tmember  +v (voice) on #pbcup? Yes because they are in er33t...

So if you wanna do stop those things, why are u making people fell like er33t has the  rights to get +v in this channel and the others dont...

Im very thankful to everyone who has helped to make this possible ( espacially xbain and for his big support)

But if you continue like that u better should register www.er33tcup.com

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2006, 02:19:22 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:59:07 AM by Dirty_Taco »

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2006, 02:28:51 PM »
THeN WHY DONT YOU VOICE OP ME DIRTYTACO!?!!!?!?1?!!?!?!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2006, 02:32:29 PM »
Look for my off topic post. Bain this is why I gave you my post, which I am still waiting for a repsonce.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2006, 05:22:05 PM »
I think you're suggestion on some sort of tuition/ hints and tips system is a good one and certainly goes some way to a good will gesture for those who feel this is far too biased. Im glad you're taking on board shazam22 as an alternative, but I don't know about taking Midnight off for ub_rooftop. I think both those maps should go in, if you feel you can supplant one of the other contested maps with rooftop then great, as I personally think midnight is an important fixture on the maplist as it is.

anyway, im glad we've reached some level of amicability in this thread, lets try and keep it this way (reed and sanch included), thanks.

- Dr Rick Dagless M.D

Stanislaus

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2006, 07:33:40 PM »
You guys are taking too long to argue. Just get the "intercourse you's" out of your systems and be done with it. Stop the accusations and just say "take this map out and this map in" and a brief reason. I'm sure that'll make things go much smoother.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2006, 07:36:24 AM »
just one thing: Those trickjumps etc. you should all tell to the others till lately the first quarter of the season because if you did that later, there still would be the advantage of your clan.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2006, 09:52:33 PM »
I'd do rooftop in place of ksplat2.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2006, 05:00:22 PM »
Just thought of another good 4v4 map: routez.  As the name implies, it has a lot of paths that can be taken, providing a huge array of strategies.  Also, the jail breaks provide another layer onto the gameplay and teamwork.  I think it would be a perfect match for what you're trying to achieve in this maplist.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:58:21 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Crash

• PGP
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2006, 10:52:27 AM »
two words... PRO PAINT. i mean cmon its the most balanced map out on the market. both sides exactly the same and with more than one way to go.

Anyone who has played Pro Paint would agree with me!

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 08:08:50 PM »
Go ahead and do your post, loial21.  I'm not really sure how it matters.  I've been too busy to bother myself over the whole maplist thing.  It was drafted, revised, revised, revised, etc. months ago.  I would hate to put DirtyTaco, Pureblood and myself through the lengthy process of detailing exactly why every pair of maps was chosen (when they were chosen and in which order they were chosen) just so that a couple players who are still disagreeing with the selections can base new arguments on.

A couple goals that I had in mind while creating PBCup was to push the competitive pball2 scene in a new direction.
I will be the first to admit that there exist similarities between PBCup's direction and the existing state of eR33t.  I spent 4 years pushing eR33t away from the 3v3 arctic/crates/arenaball gameplay trend that has been strong among clans for the last 6 years.  eR33t has found their home on a couple maps, most notably castle1 and encounter.
Now with the launch of PBCup (some 2-3 years after starting it) I would like to give pball2 the push it needs to become a strategic team-oriented game.
Due to commitments I've made with regards to the PBCup launch, I've stepped down as a leader of eR33t.  I will not be participating with eR33t in any of its PBCup matches, nor will I be providing eR33t with any tips/tricks/tactics/strategy that wouldn't be available otherwise.
Most people don't seem to give themselves a chance in PBCup against eR33t simply due to size of some of the selected maps.  I would like to point out some weaknesses that eR33t is carrying into pre-season of PBCup:
- 5 player roster with little intentions on recruiting a player (makes it hard to practice 4v4 strategies internally, any practice would be exposing strategy to other clans during scrims)
- Very inexperienced using Ventrilo in matches.  (Very bad at it as well)
- No formal strategy for either pre-season maps: mirrorr/kfields
- No formal practice on mirrorr/kfields
- BoB's ping is very unstable (usually 180-200 on PBCup servers)

I've already noticed a couple clans taking to the servers and practicing a few of the maps on the maplist and I think we some well-thought strategies and careful execution I wouldn't be surprised if a couple rounds get stolen from eR33t unless eR33t fixes some of their issues fast.
eR33t is not alone in terms of lack of preparation though.  I'd strongly advise any clans that haven't began any preparation to get at least 2 hours together this week to really go over their strategy in-server for the pre-season round.

The pre-season round isn't going to be worth points in the final season standing, it's main intention is to allow clans get an idea of the structure and timing of matches so that they can make a few adjustments before their results make it to the scoreboard.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2006, 09:22:57 PM »
Thanks. I am not trying to undue the committee's hard work. I will post it later as I am not at work. My main hope is to get more clans involved. This can be achieved by allowing an open maplist so that each clan has a choice on what map best suits them, nothing more implied or intended. I see this is not the direction your going, hopefully you can get what your seeking and be successful. One last thing Bain. Why cant BOB step down in your place *looks around and whispers...."he sucks" :)

Thanks,
-L

*edit orignal post is on its way.