Author Topic: SS in PM  (Read 1220 times)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
SS in PM
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »
How do I upload a screenshot in a PM? Maybe theres something I'm missing, but all I see is insert image which gives me: img width=640 height=480][/img]

I know how in a thread you can attach something and upload a screenshot, but I can't find it for a PM.

Fitz

• Stingray
Re: SS in PM
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:27:16 PM »
If you click insert picture in a PM it will give you something like
Code: [Select]
[img width=640 height=480][/img]You need to upload your picture on an external site and then insert the direct link to the photo in between the 480] and [img

I prefer tinypic.com as it's usually the fastest. Go to www.tinypic.com (or imageshack, photobucket, etc.), browse for the pic you want uploaded, hit upload, then copy and paste the 2nd link given into your PM.

You don't need to click "insert picture", just copy and paste the code tinypic gives you and you should be good to go.  It should look like something like this:
Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/mal8j6.jpg[/IMG]

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »
There's not a way to attach files in PM's like you can on regular forum posts.  You'll have to upload the image somewhere or send the file directly to the other person using DCC send on IRC, xfire, AIM, or whatever your chat program of choice is - most support file transfers.

s0ul0

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 03:33:27 AM »
downloading is turned off by default on most irc clients.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »
Yes I understand how to upload a picture to a site and post here. Was just wondering if there was a upload screenshot part in a PM that I was missing.

There's not a way to attach files in PM's like you can on regular forum posts. 

This answers my question thank you.