Author Topic: Global player's statistics  (Read 1203 times)

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
Global player's statistics
« on: March 16, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »
Hi,
I've an idea how to make a global player's statistic.
There's a file "***.stat" in \profile folder since 26th build. Every player has this file and it shows the count of kills,
deaths, grabs, caps, time, etc. The point is to make a website, where could player register, fill in their profile and
then upload their "***.stat" file. They could see comparision of K/D, G/C of more players. There could be a competition
of player of the week (month, year), the best skillers, cappers, grabbers... Players would have view of their skills.
It's not hard to do this. The problem is that this file isn't crypted and cca 0-50% players could open it (Notepad)
and rewrite their datas. It's about player's honour, but we all know that some or many players would abuse this.
The point is to make 1. some "guardians" when the count of a number (Kills for example) rises too fast, or
2. crypt the "***.stat" file in next builds according to some key. I think it could work then.

I'm waiting for your answers, bye Felix. 

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Global player's statistics
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:24:18 PM »
If it's client-side, it's abusable, period. Any serious solution is going to have to be a server-side implementation that communicates with the GLS.