Author Topic: I was told to spread this...  (Read 1841 times)

Lapppy

• Stingray
I was told to spread this...
« on: April 16, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: I was told to spread this...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 11:04:40 PM »
This is the funniest video I've seen in ages. OH excrement YOUTUBE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY

I love how he's pissed off because this new style will get him less views. Oh no! Your business model that focuses on piggybacking off of another site's massive popularity will be gone! I don't understand why these people think they're entitled to having youtube exactly how they want it.
As far as I can tell, this is a shift that'll make youtube more about micro-communities centered around a few specific channels-- the starcraft community, crazy paranoid conspiracy theorist community, various comedy groups-- and I don't see how that's anything but a good thing. Youtube is still a video hosting site. It still will be a video hosting site, you'll just have to put forth an appealing product to get attention... so I guess this guy does have something to be concerned about. ;)

"To you youtube partners that think these changes won't affect you-- you need to think again"
I really doubt that youtube's userbase can accomplish anything at all collectively. Boycotts on the internet don't work because no one cares.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
I couldn't agree more, Eiii.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 11:23:46 PM »
Unfortunately it seems that scary music, a loud voice, and threatening overzealous claims will get the attention and admiration of most youtube viewers :(

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 08:53:53 AM »
I signed the petition :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »
It is annoying how they've removed the ratings from videos until you click on them, though.