Author Topic: Review of ban penalties and their effectiveness  (Read 7440 times)

lilb990

• Autococker
Re: Review of ban penalties and their effectiveness
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
Ironfist why are you such a detective? Like he said he knew MILD C++ there is no 'detective' work to get around it. He just coded it in C++ Knowing it. BRO

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »
Ironfist why are you such a detective? Like he said he knew MILD C++ there is no 'detective' work to get around it. He just coded it in C++ Knowing it. BRO

Brosephus of bromingham, I'm quite confident that he is the of cheating. I'd like to thank you for using your personal knowledge of the situation (and C++) to assess the issue and provide confirmation of an entirely new and dangerous attack vector that cusoman has uncovered in his manic-like obsession with manufacturing cheats.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 08:48:04 PM »
/sarcasim

for those of you unsure.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 12:27:21 AM »
Lets get some things straight.

1. I DID NOT DISTRIBUTE MY HACK

Yes, as I said in one of the threads, I don't think you would because you can't know which versions were undetectable. So distributing to anyone you actually like would put them at risk.

3. Someone explain why me being banned is being scrutinized far more seriously then any other ban?

I can't speak for anyone else.

You are the most recent in a string of hackers from the clan community, and so for the moment you epitomize the problem.

I think even those who vehemently disagree with me have  pointed out that I have been "crying" about the issue long before you became the latest poster boy.

4. I did infact intend to turn my Hack into Jitspoe.  This was after i was banned, i thought i might as well help detection since I'm fairly convinced that some of my versions were not detected.  This is not a hidden message that Im distributing hacks, this is me attempting to pm jitspoe about the hack i made.  It was incredibly basic, and I want it patched.  And for the record I did pm jitspoe on irc the day I was banned, and I have yet to get ahold of him.

He is often in vent. Try contacting him there.

5. What bix says is partially true and partially false.
I did discuss with bix the fact that I knew of multiple people hacking, and i did discuss with him that I also knew how to set these hacks up.  However when I told him i did not hack, that was true, because IT had been a while since i did use the modified walls, and when i did i only used it a few times!

Let's focus on one part of that. You KNOW HOW to set up those hacks. Did you in fact help people set up those hacks as Bix claims you stated?

Did you help people set up ratbots and modified maps?

8. About the 2nd offense:

If anyone even cared to read about how I was banned the first time they would realize that I did not hack the first time, and instead made a stupid mistake while being extremely new at this game.

To be fair to you I went and read the thread.  No, you did not appear to be intentionally hacking the first time if we take your statements at face value.

However, I think it goes without saying that you were completely without excuse the second time, knowing the results of modifying textures from the first instance.

Now, perhaps you could help us shed light on another area. If you did not use the modified maps recently, and yet Jits detected them, that means he has had the means of detection for some time.

So either he is sitting on a bunch of data, or you are lying as to when you last used them. I don't know which yet, but perhaps some here do.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 12:30:49 AM »
It depends really Myers. When bix had those logs on vent they were half cut off and etc. So no one knows really if it were true (which it wasn't true they were fake) But from now on we should get some committee members to check with IRC Operators to verify the logs and saying yes this convo. actually happened.

I don't know the technical side. If it could be independently verified then I think that would be fine. Do they routinely archive all activity?

And to Myers, I don't care if they are oldschool, young players or anything else. If they distribute they need a nice long ban.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 10:20:58 AM »
m7, Jitspoe has the old vent really really old vent the new players and everybody probably here uses 3.0 ventrilo, So jitspoe you should think about getting the new ventrilo so we can tell you about these problems if ever something happens. Like M7 said you're usually on vent.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »
If he got version 3 ventrilo, he'd have to pay to host a server of any decent size and quality. That's why the dplogin and gt vents use 2.1. However, according to the website, hosting vent servers older than 3.0 is fraud and they can prosecute.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
If he got version 3 ventrilo, he'd have to pay to host a server of any decent size and quality. That's why the dplogin and gt vents use 2.1. However, according to the website, hosting vent servers older than 3.0 is fraud and they can prosecute.

That's why we would give him ventrilo servers that many DP players get on. I have so many of them.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 09:48:21 PM »
I say change the ban time to PERMANENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR!

+1000000000

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 08:25:57 PM »
I think that after Jitspoe's new rule on ban times doubled was a good idea.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16395.0

I don't think anything more will be done. After the two ban times from Rick and Boolut I would hope that the creation/distributing of hacks cools down.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 03:05:17 AM »
I think that after Jitspoe's new rule on ban times doubled was a good idea.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16395.0

I don't think anything more will be done. After the two ban times from Rick and Boolut I would hope that the creation/distributing of hacks cools down.

It may cool down for a while, but it's always going to be a factor.

People have now seen what you get for coming forward to distribution, I would really doubt that anymore distributors will come forward.

Pretty much, the only thing the 1024 day ban has done is scare distributors back off the forums and force them not to admit because of the severe ban time. The ones that aren't banned are going to be more careful about who they give 'hacks' to, but it's not going to stop it.

Also, 1024 day ban is pretty much a permanent ban. After someone gets this ban, there's not much to lose because your practically permanently banned anyway. So I'd think distributors have nothing to lose, meaning that they would give them out to anyone, not be careful anymore. Maybe even upload them to public sites.

And before you ask, No, I haven't given out 'hacks' to anyone since I've been banned, but I could if I wanted to and I'm not the only one that has distributed before.

The Shazam22, airtime1 and propaint1 modified maps were given out by I believe Darkness and Madman(Please correct me if I'm wrong), after they were banned for 1024 days.

I could distribute if I really wanted to because I will, most likely, not be back to this game. (I won't though).

Edit: I really don't know where I was going with this post. Take what you please from it.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »
You're right it's always going to be there. But any decent member of the community should realize that it's wrong and they should take heed to the penalty for it. I know that if I ever wanted to quit this game, I most certainly wouldn't hack, just look at the examples of what has happened. And you're right distributors might become more careful about who they give them to, but most of them will get caught eventually. It's sad to see that people just don't care about this game, where they SEE an example of what could happen to them from Rick and Boolut, and will still continue distributing/hacking. It doesn't help you and it doesn't help this community.