Author Topic: Ranking System?  (Read 7821 times)

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
Re: Ranking System?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »
good idea. me want it

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 11:39:41 PM »
Seems pretty cool to me.  I don't think there would be anything wrong with that.  I see other free online games that have that.

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
Ranking is just going to make the hostility between Good and bad players worse.

a7x

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »
Well, the problem there seems to lie with new players. They get frustrated and start talking trash because they are losing to someone better than them.  I "respect" those better than me and aknowledge that everyone has good and bad days. And i believe the more you play the more you seem to accept that fact. Right? Some people are just really competitive lol! 8)    I am for rankings, that would make playing that much more intense to know that your image and skill is on the line.
also...a "buddy list" would be nice, maybe something similar to xbox live. So could could view what friends are on and offline and what servers there in. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 06:48:23 PM by a7x »

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 09:26:42 PM »
I like the idea of ranks

A7X if you download xfire you can add your buddies that have xfire to your friends list. its a free program and you also can chat with them from there.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 01:25:19 PM »
if u think about it ranks seems good to the great dp player but how bout some one a the end of that list lets say u were ranked 789 out of 800 players wouldnt that put u on a downside and make u feel upset or sumthing like that and more for the noobs and newbies who jus got the game i say the should be some sort of regerstraiton so that some one could start there rank when they got good or better at the game

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 01:31:56 PM »
Maybe to prevent that we could just have like a top 10 or something. It wouldn't matter for me though, I would like to see my ranking out of all the players the play dpb.

a7x

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 09:41:07 PM »
How about 1-50 like Halo? Not to steal the idea from xbox live but it has high enough numbers to make someone feel like they have achieved something. And those lower ranked dont feel like they are the worst in the game.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 05:26:22 AM »
How about making it so each player gets a link to their own stats which only they know and can share with others if they want?

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 12:56:47 PM »
me really want stats

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 10:36:35 AM »
But you will get noobs making servers and ranking up with the bots

what's the difference?
the ranking is stupid either way. whoever plays pub the most = #1

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »
so what! me want RaNkINg SYsTEM!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 11:52:23 AM »
I think the best way to do a ranking system would be to have it applied to matches only.  It would also need to take into account the rank of the opponents so you couldn't increase your rank by beating up on the newer/unskilled clans.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »
yes we should use a ladder system, this Starcraft Ladder http://starcraft.theabyss.eu/ uses a system where you start at D and you work your way up, you then look for matches against clans who are the same rank/letter as you. I still think that there should be basic pub stats such as kills/deaths tho :]

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 09:01:27 AM »
I think the best way to do a ranking system would be to have it applied to matches only.  It would also need to take into account the rank of the opponents so you couldn't increase your rank by beating up on the newer/unskilled clans.

I'm not in favor of this idea.  I think that matches are more about winning and any decent clan will use baiting and flag tactics to win rounds rather than steal kills to rack up stat points.  I've brainstormed a decent system to rank match performance based on contribution to your team's score at the end of the game, but it's more focused on a three star or player of the game approach.

I'm holding off on my system for the next public release with Global Login (B18?) assuming that my STDLog requests are implemented.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 12:29:08 PM »
That's exactly why I think it would work better in a match environment.  There should be more factors to your ranking than just kills, anyway.  If it's done with a match setting, rounds won, team flag captures, etc. could all be applied to the user's stats, where as on pubs people would just use really cheap and annoying tactics to get points -- always switching to the winning team, etc.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 12:45:22 PM »
if u think about it ranks seems good to the great dp player but how bout some one a the end of that list lets say u were ranked 789 out of 800 players wouldnt that put u on a downside and make u feel upset or sumthing like that and more for the noobs and newbies who jus got the game i say the should be some sort of regerstraiton so that some one could start there rank when they got good or better at the game

make u feel upset

Did someone just say that, for real?
People are so weak now a days, WOW!

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 09:49:25 PM »
I think the best way to deal with both individual and team statistics should be resolved with mathematical formulas (semi-dynamically) interpreting strength of both sides, as opposed to more simplistic methods. I would be very interested in discussing both formulas and might take some time out to play around with the idea if there's any real chance of actual implementation.

gallo

• PGP
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2007, 04:03:13 PM »
maybe, you could have like a top 50 board, where your score = Total kills - total deaths. Of course, some people would have negative scores... but i think its a good way