Author Topic: Where is all my money  (Read 1757 times)

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
Where is all my money
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:10:49 AM »
Ok i was looking through my account activity at wellsfargo.com and saw that in the past month i have over 40$ in atm fees and the month before 60$ its b/c now that i moved my closest bank is all the way on touhy and central wich is like a long way from  my house now my question. Do you have to be 18 to open a checking account with a debit card b/c were i work only does direct deposit....

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Where is all my money
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:15:40 AM »
Yes,

When you open an account at a bank, you are essentially entering in to a contract to do business with that bank. In the U.S., you need to be 18 to legally enter in to a contract.

The only other alternative is to have a parent go with you and they would become a guardian of the account and let you be a joint or co owner.  But I have no idea if Wells Fargo alows that.

As far asthe ATM fees go, I usually spend less than $10.00 per month and then I even get that reimbursed by my bank.

1. Use your debit card instead of cash.
2. Pull more than $10 or $20 out at a time.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:20:57 AM »
Well i get paid every week and wells fargo charges somthing crazy like 5$ per withdraw and the cheapest atm i could find is the one at 7 11 that only charges 2.50 the reason i want a different bank if b/c there are no wells fargos in chicago i want to go with bank of america simply b/c there is one on every corner but i don't know how i'm going to do that when my mom lives in indiana

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »
How old are you? cant you just open a new chequings account anywhere?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »
How old are you? cant you just open a new chequings account anywhere?
*checking... :P

I'm sure every place you would go to in Chicago would take Visa. Or, if your bank only charges $5 per withdrawl, then take out 2 or 3 months worth of the cash you would need at a time. That way its only $7.50 every 2 or 3 months, not every time that you use cash.