Author Topic: Welcome to My Current Opinion on the DP2 Community  (Read 973 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Welcome to My Current Opinion on the DP2 Community
« on: May 20, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »
Please take your time to read this post, I'm also leaving it locked for a particular reason because I would like to keep it clean, and I don't want it to turn into a flame contest like every other thread like this does.

Firstly, this is not a mother meddling goodbye thread, so don't treat it as one as you are reading it.

When I joined this community, sometime during 2007, it was alot better than it is now.  To be honest, the game is going downhill like everyone says, but its everyone thats pushing it downhill thats causing the problem.  People say the game is dying, but wtf?  Your still playing it, so are you sure?  As Vic said in his 'goodbye' thread, the upper clan scene is based on about 10 clans, with a few that just have a new name every month or so.  This part of the match scene is particulary helping to make this game go downhill as many of them are single minded and just play the game and don't bother with any newbies, etc.  As said in one of m7's threads, take some time to help a newbie join the community, teach them strafing etc.

My main focus though, is on these forums.  Theres people I will not name, but they troll the forums (i'm not talking about people who post all day, but people who want to start a little bit of a fight, or are continuosly being stupid) in a bad way, turning them into a dump.  I see threads where someone is new to something and then all they get is a load of negative excrement.  Negative sides are good for the mapping hand, but when you add the negative attitude to the post, they feel as if they aren't secure in the environment and leave, because they feel like they have just been kicked out by that one person.  Yes there are some idiots, *cough* chris123 *cough*, but because of some the half-hearted female doges we have in this community, new people will stay the same, either knowledgeless, or just lost, trying to fit in, until someone openly welcomes them to the community.

I read a PM today from Fuzz Ball, which is what I am writing this thread about.  Nearly everyone starts out as a newb on forum, clueless to the environment around them, and try to fit in as much as they can.  The forums we are in now, have a load of negative attitudes everywhere, and when people begin to read them as I did, it feels like an insecure environment because everyone just lets their mouth off in a bad way, where they could let it off in a good way and in turn do something good towards the community.

With all of that put together, its obvious to see what is killing this community, and its nearly all of us that are doing it, because none of us except a few spend the time to openly welcome and try to help some newbies fit into the community.

I would also like to point out some threads that I read turn into flame contests between many of the same people.  Why?  Whats the point?  Its a meddling online game and who meddling cares if someone says er33t has done something to the community and have the reply 'intercourse you Eiii'.  If you can't be nice, get a life, and leave, you will do the community a good thing.

Then my last point is hacking.  Main part of it is idiots leaving the game.  Wow, IM BORED OF THIS GAME SO WHY DONT I HACK TO FINISH OFF SO I DONT HAVE TO COME BACK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  You people, not naming anyone either, are killing this community as well, as many of us get sick and tired of all of these new hacks or whatever that come out.  Obide by the rules, don't break them.  Let the game flow, if you can't leave without not being actually able to come back because your banned or something, you then have a serious problem.  If you could see the amount of excrement we get in the committee board, you could see how many people are doing the wrong things in this community.

Think about what I wrote, if a particular part of it is directed at you, think why I would've put it there, and keep thinking what you have done wrong.  I hope this thread also touches some other people in trying to change the community as well.

THIS IS MY OPINION ON HOW THIS WHOLE THING HAS WORKED OUT.